We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How long until the PUG meta crowd realise how strong red mini is now?

Are we talking months, a year? I still see people decline red ministrel for T2 and T3 and its just astonishing after so many weeks with the new minstrel.

What are yall doing out there?

More about the MMO genre that draws certain players to a healing role and other to traditionally more aggressive roles. Stuck in less enlightened stereotypes? But for good reason. In earlier times the male dominance of the genre meant healing roles were harder to fill. As the balance changed there was an "in" for those with a nurturing bent. I've got into both camps 20 years ago online and 45 years with table top so got used to applying myself equally to both roles. For me the goal was filling the role the group required and often sort out the pivotal role if it wasn't being covered by another player but normally with a different character/class.

With Lotro's utter confusion and the massive overhead in equipping for that alt role we are left with healer minis with great raid experience and solo mini with more grasp of dishing the damage, but only solo or in small groups. To get a change in mindset of the largely set in their ways player base you'd have to positively discriminate so much to sway them. Have they done enough to do that? Easier to do within a kin group who can trust you and forgive you during the learning process. If it's a PUG unless you have mastered both already you'll just get kicked if you are lacking the ability to switch.

The catch is the investment into LIs and Essence/Gear you have to make when you've devoted all into the chosen role without a guarantee that the investment or the learning curve you are embarking on will be welcomed by others.

minstrel dps came up alot sure, But it still pales in comp against a true dps class so......

the worse part is as dedicated healers, we arn't even the best healers, Anthems feel clunky now and all in all, while the class is alot of fun soloing , in a raid, not so much. especially if you are dealing with the min/max crowd.

this is why FoTM gameplay bores me and drives me to other things as it limits player choice if you dont have a stable of toons all min/maxed or the time to do so.

Mortem Tyrannis

"minstrel dps came up alot sure, But it still pales in comp against a true dps class so"

Well, you identified the issue right there. A Minstrel is a Healer that can DPS and the DPS'er is a DPS'er that can DPS.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Winzhi View Post
    Are we talking months, a year? I still see people decline red ministrel for T2 and T3 and its just astonishing after so many weeks with the new minstrel.

What are yall doing out there?
    Main problem wasn't mini, it's PUGs. Usually PUG have problems with tanks and healers. If they find just one mini, of course, he forced to be healer. If team already have mini, one mini who have more dps gear can switch into dps

Ok, let's pretend what mini don't have healing spec/healing gear. How you want complete instance without healer? Saying something like "I don't heal, just find another healer" pretty rude

strong dps in landscape doesnt mean strong dps in raids. frankly the dps increase doesnt make a difference in either area, we weren't crippled in landscape before and in the dps role we still are compared to dps classes for raids.
    dont worry the dev's are working on a fix that fixes the fix that fixed the fix that was fixing the fix....

I think there are two problems to your initial question.

First Mini Dps is okay, but compared to the top it's still lacking.

Secondly it takes quite frankly some skill to get the most out of dps mini and especially in a Pug group i wouldn't trust a random Mini.
    Internally in kin raids or so yes, do it for fun, but not in a random Pug.