We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New patch and stat tomes

I was looking over today's patch notes and saw this line, "The amount of each attribute provided by Stat Tomes has been adjusted to increase more smoothly across tiers, and to better match the minimum usage level required."

Is this truly your intention? Or did the patch fail to address old users of tomes? Taken from my mini... Fate- Rank 20 = +713, Vitality-Rank 20 = + 826, and Will-Rank 20 = +713? I am curious why this patch was here for tomes at all if these numbers are still valid.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPlayerGator View Post
    I was looking over today's patch notes and saw this line, "The amount of each attribute provided by Stat Tomes has been adjusted to increase more smoothly across tiers, and to better match the minimum usage level required."

Is this truly your intention? Or did the patch fail to address old users of tomes? Taken from my mini... Fate- Rank 20 = +713, Vitality-Rank 20 = + 826, and Will-Rank 20 = +713? I am curious why this patch was here for tomes at all if these numbers are still valid.
    Those stats at tier 20 was & still look like for a level 100 toon on my level 140. The update increased them a few raw points but stayed on the range. I don't see any new stat tomes tier. Hopefully they will add more tiers on some near future update.

Fate/Will/Agi/Str goes down from 730 to 713, vitality go up from 722 to 826

They are now all a 2 points player level stat. But, instead of autoscaling with your character's level they scale to a player level configured in the active trait. Rank 20 is set to lvl109.

If by chance you have a lvl109 Brawler: you can see a might bonus in The Maelstrom trait tree. This is also 2 points - it's the same value as a rank 20 Might stat tome (minimum usage level 100).

If you look at https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_Maelstrom then you can see that it can scale to 15,000 at player lvl140. I don't see any signs that they plan to get anywhere near that soon.

So done for no fathomable reason? Perhaps years on a todo list and things have moved far beyond it's relevance?

I have to wonder if this means they are about to introduce new stat tomes that are more relevant? More lotro store options? I mean, they dont have to answer all or any of our player questions about what's being done. However, one has to wonder why this change? Why now? Is this something we have all been clamoring for?

I have to wonder if this means they are about to introduce new stat tomes that are more relevant? More lotro store options? I mean, they dont have to answer all or any of our player questions about what's being done. However, one has to wonder why this change? Why now? Is this something we have all been clamoring for?
    I think this is an ongoing process: reducing the stats on stat tomes to what is appropriate for a player of the level of the minimum usage level.

Step 1:
    This was removing the fixed stat values added per tome by going to a rank system which only levels up the rank number of a trait.
    This rank number is then an index to a level and number of points(which varied) for the traited stat. Furthermore this is a stat which is normalized, meaning a stat which progresses with the game's standard progression (a progression by player level which drives all rating to percentage conversions etc).

Step2:
    Lower levels stats were over the top in the past and were not too much altered in step 1 to smooth the transition. Low level ranks received 3.2 points of stats while 19&20 were on 0.4.. Time to change that to the same amount across all ranks (2 points) and fix the driving stat levels, so they are more closer to the minimum level required for the rank.
    At lower ranks we have now still a large difference between stat level and minimum level. At rank 10 it's a gap of +40 levels and with rank 11 this goes down to about +20 levels. After rank 18, you see an ever diminishing gap between them.

Step3:
    The future will probably see a stat level which is equal to the minimum level required. At this rate of closing the gap, this means that will happen at rank 24 for a minimum level of 120.
    A rank 24, minimum/level 120 is for 2 points Vitality 2250 and for other main stats 2430.
    It's difficult to tell at what time new ranks will be introduced. We see a trend that minimum level for tomes is trailing the level cap by a considerable margin. I think we probably reach rank 24 only with the level 150 cap rise. Rank 23 might be on the table.
    Last edited by Giseldah; Jan 13 2023 at 03:31 AM.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    I have to wonder if this means they are about to introduce new stat tomes that are more relevant? More lotro store options?
    That is the most possible reason (imho). Looking at how new gear have less and less main stats (will, agi, might) ... could be the next plan to bring out new stat tomes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    That is the most possible reason (imho). Looking at how new gear have less and less main stats (will, agi, might) ... could be the next plan to bring out new stat tomes.
    And more complains about p2w

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    Give it a couple of weeks and the new tomes will be in the store so people can get back to the stats they used to have. I expect the gear will be adjusted a bit along with base stats for the players. The tomes are pricey and a great way to make money. More than likely for T1 content and landscape not much will change but for those that raid T2 and beyond the tomes will make a difference. Not the worst thing they could do. Hopefully/maybe, they will sell tome packages where you can get the full buff for xxx lotro points or mithril coins. It feels like the tomes are intended to equate to an extra essence slot at the higher levels or an extra virtue slot maybe? This really matches the direction the game has been going for a couple of years or so now and fits well. Would it be nice if SSG would just make VIP automatically have upgraded stats and non VIP gets the opportunity to purchase tomes? That could be a great incentive for VIP. Subscriptions offer enhancements to stats or maybe extra/special virtue slots and non VIP get to buy tomes? It would seem to me that coming up with reasons to get players to pay monthly is better than store purchases that can happen with the lotro point farming systems out there.
    Last edited by Neinda; Jan 15 2023 at 11:24 AM.