We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please, make some yards decorations also available as furniture

Hello,

It would be so nice if some yard decorations can also be used as furniture, so we can use them inside the houses.

For now, I'm thinking of these 3 tables:
    Picnic Table (Bingo): https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/picnic-table-bingo/
    Small Feasting Table: https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/small-feasting-table/
    Large Feasting Table: https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/large-feasting-table/

Yes, and vice versa. I think Scenario is probably aware? Though I don't think he ever commented on it or why they're still not doing it on regular basis for all/most new items, like all these decorative walls, landings and stairs which are sadly exclusively for interior hooks only.

Some housing yard items would be nice for Inside as well! however I disagree with one suggested with link, like the Picnic table and such are meant to be outside, as that was a picnic is and should be left as such.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I disagree with one suggested with link, like the Picnic table and such are meant to be outside, as that was a picnic is and should be left as such.
    Well technically... that's food on the wooden table that they linked to, so you might as well use it as kitchen item, whether it's called picnic or not, and the devs themselves sure do so with many of the items originally created as something "typically yard" and vice versa. If they could somehow do that automatically, then why keep the artificial limits? Let us place wherever we want, anything we want

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgroz View Post
    Hello,

It would be so nice if some yard decorations can also be used as furniture, so we can use them inside the houses.

For now, I'm thinking of these 3 tables:
    Picnic Table (Bingo): https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/picnic-table-bingo/
    Small Feasting Table: https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/small-feasting-table/
    Large Feasting Table: https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/large-feasting-table/
    Many people have asked before to get those reclassified as usable both indoors & outdoors. Quite some time ago the devs did said that they want people to list them all existing items that they want to get reclassified. All players agree that they want all tables or items sets with chairs, benches & stools, as well as the stand alone chairs, benches & stools, to be usable both indoors & outdoors.

On the same note i wish to mention, that i will also like to get the old Spring festival flower boxes to be reclassified for both indoors & outdoors use. Will be nice if that change is made on time before the Spring festival start this year.

They should just add 'yard' to 'furniture' classifications and vice versa.
    I've wanted the summer fest Picnic Blanket to be usable indoors for a while personally. It'd make a good tablecloth instead of those absurd tiny food items which take up an entire hook for 1/10th as much stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PreemptiveRegret View Post
    They should just add 'yard' to 'furniture' classifications and vice versa.
    Yeah, agree, I mean, finding a way to "merge" those or add the missing classification somewhat automatically for all/most items - that would be ideal here. I really don't want them to focus *just* on a bunch of chairs and tables, there are items of different varieties that could use that treatment, like all banners, property guards, old yard-only trophies and so on

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    Yeah, agree, I mean, finding a way to "merge" those or add the missing classification somewhat automatically for all/most items - that would be ideal here. I really don't want them to focus *just* on a bunch of chairs and tables, there are items of different varieties that could use that treatment, like all banners, property guards, old yard-only trophies and so on
    Oh yes, banners & property guards have being mentioned too before, those are items that have no reason why couldn't be used both outdoors & indoors

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    It should be simple enough, just convert regular yard and furniture hooks into "universal yard" hooks. That way you don't need to modify the actual items.

YesYesYes!

And Trees! Many houses are big enough to have indoor trees! Like the Winter Festival trees can already be used indoors.
    I know Belfalas deluxe and kinship houses have indoor yard areas but non-premium and Rohan Premium houses do not have these indoor yard areas.
    Thanks OP!
    All the fluff, all the time.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ellethariel View Post
    And Trees! Many houses are big enough to have indoor trees! Like the Winter Festival trees can already be used indoors.
    I know Belfalas deluxe and kinship houses have indoor yard areas but non-premium and Rohan Premium houses do not have these indoor yard areas.
    Thanks OP!
    The Rohan meadhalls have a very big center area that is missing the chance to be used as a indoors garden. Not everybody want firepits & dinning tables there.