We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Loot Boxes

Loot Boxes

One issue I always run into is getting the you do not have enough space to open this Loot boxes or turn in this Quests. When you tool-tip the loot box, it might show that there are x number of items in the loot box but you do not have that many open slots. The problem to me is the fact that many times the items in the Loot box I am trying to open are already stacked in my bags, but the box will not open unless I have a equal to or more open slots in my bags even tho when you do have the open slots all the items go on their corresponding stacks. This is also frustrating when one of the items is a coin that ends up in your wallet but first has to be deposited in your storage bags.

What is the most frustrating about this is that not all quests and Loot Boxes function the same way. This to me means that the code is different and either this is the way you want the system to work or the Dev working on these items lacks the knowledge to make things consistent across all levels, features and functions.

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    This is the way they want it to work. Database check constraints and stored procedures are used to track things, do things, and protect data integrity. There are limitations, so players are expected to do manual inventory management. Making those database entities more complex may make things worse, in several ways.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    It is going to depend on what type of box it is......

If it is a box that has a fixed amount of items in it, such as a box that came with an expansion or support pack and contains a set amount of cosmetics/items, such a tooltip may indeed be possible.

However, if it is a box that can award a random amount of items, that is not decided until the moment you actually open it up. And it would have to be done that way because of potential exploits if you knew beforehand what the box might hold. If you knew beforehand a box may have 5 items in it, you are going to know 1 or 2 of them are going to be good, such as a horse or a pet (or both) alongside some armor and currency. You would then be able to sell the box for high money.....

I don't think there is really is any realistic way of doing something like this. A random drop lootbox such as the travellers lootboxes and the adventurers lootboxes typically never contain more than 5 items or so, and usually no more than 2 or 3. What it could contain is found on the wiki based on experience from players, but typically speaking its never more than 5.

So I would suggest that you just clear out your inventory BEFORE you open up boxes. You can always store boxes in your vault if you really need to, unless it is a quest item.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Adding to what maartena said - and quite likely you know this already - there are easy enough ways to work around the problem of never having available space. Even if you have the absolute minimum space per character and whatever the minimum shared storage is.

If you have even a single character slot unused - create a "mule" character to hold inventory items. If all slots are full and all bags are full - mail things from character to character and let them sit in the mail for a while. Post things on the auction house at prices so high you will be happy if they sell - meanwhile they are out of inventory. Take a really hard lo9ok at all you are hoarding. For the hoard is not a good warcry if you have minimum space. Get rid of things. The risk of ditching an item you may regret not having later is usually a LOT lower than the day after day after day annoyance of having no extra space.

Storage space is not the problem. I am not talking about the store loot or gift boxes, but landscape deed boxes like the Gundabad ones that only gave crafting items or sunshards. The gundabad ones hold 8 items and you find 4 per quest area to get the deed. Even if you have all 8 items already stacked in your bags it will not open even with 7 open slots.

Also, when I turn in for the daily ( gold, crystal, etc) quest which rewards a gundabad coin, a lvl 460 rune and a lvl 480 rune, even if you already have the runes in your bag and one slot open it will not complete the quest. You always need 2 slots open.

This to me is just bad program language and can be easily reworded.