We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Sammo is offline Secret Squirrel
    Long-Time Lurker

Doom of Caras Gelebren Skirmish Rewards

I've now done this skirmish twice, not much I know. The wiki states that there should be two chests with rewards at the end. Each time I've only received one chest with trivial items. I want the housing cosmetics. I am working at level 140, solo, T1. Should I be seeing the second chest?
    Saelemyr, Burglar, Arkenstone
    Aharon, Warden, Arkenstone
    Arcaenna, Rune Keeper, Arkenstone
    Ashryl, Hunter, Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    I've now done this skirmish twice, not much I know. The wiki states that there should be two chests with rewards at the end. Each time I've only received one chest with trivial items. I want the housing cosmetics. I am working at level 140, solo, T1. Should I be seeing the second chest?
    In the end, you have 3 chests with rewards. 2 Spoils of battle - 2 specific Encounter bosses (teal phrace warning on screen when it appears, and another teal phrace warning when it defeated) and Gift of the Mírdain (after you beat last champion)

Long-Time Lurker
    But where are they? I can only find the one behind Celebrimbor? Hitting delete doesn't find the others.

But where are they? I can only find the one behind Celebrimbor? Hitting delete doesn't find the others.
    Yes, behind. All 3 chest on circle platform where you respawn if you die. Housing items usually in last chest (after champion), so you don't miss them anyway. They just have low chances to drop

Seems like youre not doing the Encounters. While running Doom, you should get twice a big alert in blue lines, warning about an Encounter - some important enemy appeared somewhere. You need to go engage the enemy and kill it to spawn the extra chests.

Long-Time Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalrawen View Post
    Seems like youre not doing the Encounters. While running Doom, you should get twice a big alert in blue lines, warning about an Encounter - some important enemy appeared somewhere. You need to go engage the enemy and kill it to spawn the extra chests.

You are correct, I wasn't completing the encounters, the text disappears too quickly. I completed them and the chests showed up (no housing items though).

Thanks!

You are correct, I wasn't completing the encounters, the text disappears too quickly. I completed them and the chests showed up (no housing items though).

Thanks!
    Sadly the drop chance is enragingly low. They do drop tho.. it's just a real chore.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    I Know Many That Were Running DOOM Recently At Level 20 Too And Earning The Cosmetics., I Recommend 140 Of Course To For Your Favoured Locks., But After That Running At A Super Low Level For These Cosmetics Are Optimal

Long-Time Lurker
    I've been running a variety of tiers and group sizes at level 20 with my 140 hunter. 8 runs, one decoration so far.

Interesting, the skirmish crashed a couple of times on me, mostly crashing to desktop. The last time only the skirmish crashed, and I ended up in Caras Gelebren the city. No fires, daytime, no NPC's, no battle music. It's beautiful. I can't wander far from the city itself as I run into invisible walls. There are some useable doors marked Scholar's Enclave, but there are no interiors to explore. Looks like what an elven housing enclave could look like other than the yards are too small. I can ride a mount and summon the skirmish soldier.

If I launch another skirmish I end up back in the same spot when it finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Whohaz_Duhrang View Post
    I Know Many That Were Running DOOM Recently At Level 20 Too And Earning The Cosmetics., I Recommend 140 Of Course To For Your Favoured Locks., But After That Running At A Super Low Level For These Cosmetics Are Optimal

I'm beginning to think those are *very* difficult to reach... I've run DOOM several times now at 140 - got a nice 476 purple sword too - but so far, no cosmetics' which is what I'm really after. Specifically, the silver anvil, the arch and the bell tower.

Well, 3 more tries at lower levels and nothing but small amounts of silver as bounties... No cosmetics. How often must I run this instance to get any!?

I wish they'd make an "ember" alternative for these and require finishing the skirm on T1 or T2 or something. This is ridiculous. It needs a "catch-up" mechanism and a premium barterer for the rewards. They did it for the Fall of Khazad-dum raid, why not for this? Or, at the least, incorporate Delving rewards into the skirm somehow and add them to the main Delving barter. . .

Cheers!
    Landroval player; I am Phantion on the forums only and do not have a corresponding character in-game with that name on any server. Cheers! :)

Long-Time Lurker
    I've now run this several times at 140, about 30 times at level 20 (at all tiers and up to 6-man) and twice at level 132 for the Ill Omens event. I have received two traceries, the female property guard, the female skirmish soldier outfit, and about a dozen low level weapons. These items are far too rare for just decorations.

I honestly still have yet to get a cloak and I'm sitting on a mithril thread I received randomly from the delving system. Wait, could that be the reason why I haven't got one yet? Anyways, I did manage to snag the shield from a Spoils of Battle. There was a skirmish soldier outfit with helmet I got from a solo run this week. Kin-member got both anvil decorations in a single run and gave them to me. I haven't seen any buildings drop and occasionally see someone in a raid group get a property guard. I have collected quite a few Winter Essence Boxes.

I grow tired of this. Repeating the same thing over and over again without results is not my idea of fun. Can't they put the damned cosmetics in the shop so I can buy them and be done with it!?

I've also run this instance many times, fully completed all the deeds for it a while back, and out of my maybe couple dozen or so runs I've gotten a grand total of one decoration.

I'm coming close to giving up on trying to get the hammer, shield, and other decorations. The drop rate on these cosmetics/decorations is far too low. They don't have to drop every run, but it's really very silly right now just how rare it is for anything to drop.

Over one month later and out of the dozens of more times I've run this instance...two more decorations and that's all.

I've only ever even seen the Replica of Celebrimbor's shield in game twice on two different people, never looted one. I've never once seen the replica of his hammer, loot or on any other player or anything. Nor have I ever seen the skirmish soldier skins.

Has anybody looted one of Celebrimbor's replica items recently? I don't see how the drop rates could be any higher than 1% on these things, if even that. Please raise the drop rate even just a bit on the cosmetics/decorations in this skirmish. They're just far too low right now. Rare is fine, but considering how long this skirmish has now been out, and how I've consistently been running it since then, it's absolutely ridiculous that I haven't seen even a single drop of the shield or hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by grallonsphere View Post
    I grow tired of this. Repeating the same thing over and over again without results is not my idea of fun. Can't they put the damned cosmetics in the shop so I can buy them and be done with it!?
    Exactly my thoughts, a barter would also be ok but RNG is not.