We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Problems with Delvings Today

Something is seriously wrong with the Delvings today. Thought I would do some of the ones at Lhan Garan today and this is what I am up against, enemies not appearing until you are in their range (they appear to be in stealth and are not fully visible until they are right next to you), they have super run speed. ### guys?, engagement range appears to be outside of my bow range. Really? I have tried more than one of the three Delvings at Lhan Garan on multiple toons at different times and it's all the same. Not Fun At All. Is this a server thing or just want to screw with us today? I normally do these at T9 on my hunter and champ and while not easy it's doable.
    Last edited by baddwarf; Jan 26 2023 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baddwarf View Post
    Something is seriously wrong with the Delvings today. Thought I would do some of the ones at Lhan Garan today and this is what I am up against, enemies not appearing until you are in their range (they appear to be in stealth and are not fully visible until they are right next to you), they have super run speed. ### guys?, engagement range appears to be outside of my bow range. Really? I have tried more than one of the three Delvings at Lhan Garan on multiple toons at different times and it's all the same. Not Fun At All. Is this a server thing or just want to screw with us today? I normally do these at T9 on my hunter and champ and while not easy it's doable.
    I have being killed over and over today doing T1 delvings, which have always been easy.
    + Lag ofc, which I assume SSG are clueless how to fix.

The game is per definition broken now.

Community support/information is nil/nada/nothing and customer support is a pain in the ### after they changed it.

If I could figure out how to post a screenshot it would be one today of me fighting an invisible Lieutenant and NO other enemies on the Radar even though they are there. This sucks.

I, as a magic casters, have always had a few Delvings that the mobs wouldn't spawn until it was an ambush. Pretty sure that one, the wood-trolls, have a trigger spot to spawn them, same as with burning the watchtowers. Both instances I have evaded the spawn point and ran around an empty area. Other times it seems to be lag. I just did the instance with the big hill and burial tombs with single monsters. Except for today all the mobs spawned early and reliably but today everyone was an ambush.
    I couldn't tell ya if all of this is from lag or if it's intentional.

Not a bug, just change of malice on this week: mobs move in invisible mode, have +150% run speed and +agro, and attack from invise.

Is attack from invis a thing? : o I thought it was just lag because some of my delvings today loaded properly and some didn't appear until they could attack. Another Malice they have today is damage-reflect. That's nasty if you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by baddwarf View Post
    If I could figure out how to post a screenshot...
    Baddwarf, this tripped me up for a while, too, and it doesn't seem to be directly addressed in the forum FAQ, but [IMG] links seem to require a recognized suffix, such as .jpg. The FAQ says only certain "allowed file types" are supported, but this is not synonymous with saying that only certain suffixes work (since file types can be recognized in other ways, such as magic numbers, etc.)

I know that for imgur.com, there are at least 2 different ways to get a share link for an image, and, included is a method that allows one to slap a .jpg suffix on it, and it will work. That doesn't work with the other method, however. Best to try things out -- the Preview button should tell you whether it's working or not. That should also help verify whether you have the viewing permissions for the image, set up properly. The image needs public viewing permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Is attack from invis a thing? : o I thought it was just lag because some of my delvings today loaded properly and some didn't appear until they could attack. Another Malice they have today is damage-reflect. That's nasty if you're not paying attention.
    He's being facetious. This week the Malices are Sauron's Defense, Sauron's Lash, Glory in Pain, and the usual variants depending on tier. So for others reading this, There is no invisibility malice.

I checked on two different T10 delvings. They have the following:

Variant 5 Malice 10 Vengeance which spawns either a spirit archer or spirit waver upon death. Variant 5 Malice 9 Sauron's Defense II which reflects 45%, knocks down 15% per corruption removal (only one corruption at a time). Variant 5 Malice 8 Sauron's Shroud which adds +50 perception radius and +1 stealth level (making them look invisible but still trackable by a hunter). Variant 5 Malice 7 Acid Puddles occasionally thrown underneath them. Variant 5 Malice 6 Sauron's Lash which adds +50% run speed and -50% skill inductions. On top of that, they have Delving Strength applied 500% max morale, 1000% melee/ranged/tactical damage.

I've been a player since about 2010. This is by far the absolute worst system they have ever put in game. I've never hated a system worse in any game period aside from extreme pay to win (Diablo immortal). Delving's are a cash grab with hope tokens morale pots etc and the tuning is ridiculous and lazy implementation. Actual mechanics and a path to victory that doesn't involve dying 1000 times would be great but this system makes no sense at all. If I want hard boss fights and engaging combat look at elden ring. SSG just makes all the mobs invisible, player gets 5 million dread unless you buy store bought hope. Great design guys. The new 6 man is a perfect example of what they are capable of doing. Decent and enjoyable mechanics. Now if they could only do that with delving.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    I checked on two different T10 delvings. They have the following:

Variant 5 Malice 10 Vengeance which spawns either a spirit archer or spirit waver upon death. Variant 5 Malice 9 Sauron's Defense II which reflects 45%, knocks down 15% per corruption removal (only one corruption at a time). Variant 5 Malice 8 Sauron's Shroud which adds +50 perception radius and +1 stealth level (making them look invisible but still trackable by a hunter). Variant 5 Malice 7 Acid Puddles occasionally thrown underneath them. Variant 5 Malice 6 Sauron's Lash which adds +50% run speed and -50% skill inductions. On top of that, they have Delving Strength applied 500% max morale, 1000% melee/ranged/tactical damage.
    Yes the mechanics this week are a joke. Who in their right mind is gonna go into a T8 and up Delvings where all the mobs are in stealth? Except for a few armor pieces for Alts I am done with Delvings and glad of it.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    Highkey Though T10 Delvings Are Simple lol But Of Course You Wouldnt Run SOLO DOLO To Do Em., You Just Dont Want The Same Roles (Less It Be 2 DPS's) , Your Ideal Duo Is Tank & DPS. The DPS Focuses The Opjectives, Tank Focuses The Pulls / Aggro., Complete The Objecctive, Run Near The Scout., Repeat 10 Times (discern the mission and roles before attempting, sirlond is a skip amongst few others)
    But For SOLO DOLO Runs, Be Patient (as u'll have to be) And Kite Kite Kite, Stun Stun Stun., Corner Corner Corner., These Things Are you Friends., You Succeed In Not Taking Dmg At All And BOOM!!!! You Havent Taken Any Dmg At All

Quote Originally Posted by Whohaz_Duhrang View Post
    Highkey Though T10 Delvings Are Simple lol But Of Course You Wouldnt Run SOLO DOLO To Do Em., You Just Dont Want The Same Roles (Less It Be 2 DPS's) , Your Ideal Duo Is Tank & DPS. The DPS Focuses The Opjectives, Tank Focuses The Pulls / Aggro., Complete The Objecctive, Run Near The Scout., Repeat 10 Times (discern the mission and roles before attempting, sirlond is a skip amongst few others)
    But For SOLO DOLO Runs, Be Patient (as u'll have to be) And Kite Kite Kite, Stun Stun Stun., Corner Corner Corner., These Things Are you Friends., You Succeed In Not Taking Dmg At All And BOOM!!!! You Havent Taken Any Dmg At All
    Next time... read what people have written and then reply to that, because you answer seems like bs...

£16.99† on the Market

Can't find anywhere on the market where it explains the † symbol, my eyes probably...

Perhaps some of you might have different thought on what that might be now.

I was hoping that by March Delvings would be ready. Pre-Order pre-Beta for you! Post Beta Pre-Order was enough for Turbine.

The higher ranked Delving mods aren't meant to be for everybody all of the time. If this week's combination of effects is too much for you then don't do them at that rank.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Several times yesterday I saw what looked like one or two enemies, but as soon as I hit them, they split double. They had just been following the same path or standing in the same spot, occupying the same space. Is that working as intended? These were ordinary orcs and humans, not ghosts or anything weird that might actually be meant to multiply on the spot.