We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Champion:

Blue Line Trait Second Wind moved to tier 1 for easy access to other lines, its upgrades were moved up to t4 to make those more expensive for non-tanks to access.

It's probably just me that's slow but I don't get this one. Isn't second wind already in tier 1 ("first row") in blue?
    Anju - Onji - Yuku - Vaia
    Evernight

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by .Onji. View Post
    It's probably just me that's slow but I don't get this one. Isn't second wind already in tier 1 ("first row") in blue?
    The initial point is in the first row currently yes.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    https://www.lotro.com/news/lotro-bef...-shadow-faq-en

Before the Shadow will be available for LOTRO Points in March 2023 and will be priced as follows:

Base Edition (includes the new regions, Missions, & Instances only): 1995 Points

I'm guessing this image is taken from the LOTRO Store on Bullroarer?

Pricing on the Preview server is placeholder - it does not reflect what market pricing will be when the content is released.
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post

Pricing on the Preview server is placeholder - it does not reflect what market pricing will be when the content is released.
    Yes. Thanks for answer

From the FAQ:

Before the Shadow will be available for LOTRO Points in March 2023 and will be priced as follows:

• Base Edition (includes the new regions, Missions, & Instances only): 1995 Points
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    From the FAQ:
    Yes, that's why I ask why we have different price on test server.

Captain Changes?

What happened to Fighting Withdrawal?
    Why change oathbreaker (lost 5 sec)
    Why change Blue Mark (lost 2%)

Scenario is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Any chance we can get some more under-the-hood information about how 'dungeon shells' work?
    Its a general term for the physical thing you walk around in. Sometimes they are "lego" pieces that we make something out of, sometimes they are custom one-off objects (like The Last Homely House was), and sometimes is a space constructed of individual modular entities floating inside an empty "shell" (like the new Homely House is).

Well, I guess things are certainly interesting. I can't refute that. Sounds like you guys already have a list of bugs to work out from the first day. The most obvious one includes Redline Captain gaining Valiant Strike instead of Shadow's Lament. Probably got yourself a bunch of tooltip errors too. Lend Resolve provides power but it doesn't say how much from the skill. One weird change was how you made the little man no longer raising his hand in Threatening Shout. I like it but the trait tree still shows the old icon. I don't mind if you leave those old captain mark icons in the trait trees. I'm not sure why Gallant Display isn't showing my weapon when I use the skill out of combat. Perhaps it is because the old way required me having a target and the new one allows flexibility to use without one.

I think everything is so overwhelming right now. Not saying that's a problem. Just takes some getting used to. I already had my bars full of skills. Now I have a load of new skills to handle. All the heralds have their own skills. They themselves have a two minute cooldown to cast. Heh, I still expect to see the glow around my figure to summon them but that is instantaneous now. I'll have to remember to use Furious Strikes skill for the Herald of War since it isn't a toggle. Without Cry of Vengeance providing two revives and Muster Courage self-heal too far down the tree, I'm really not sure what to do with my extra points as a yellowline captain. I'll figure something out.

I did test out the hunter a little bit. Seems kind of strange to be adding 25% Ranged Damage for 20s on Strength of the Earth. Makes me want to juggle some trait points around to get it. Burn Hot seemed to give me some power issues right up until I realized how potent Bow of the Righteous counteracts whatever lost there was. I still was pressing Press Onward to restore my power. I think the problem is that the icon still shows a green and blue plus sign. Maybe we should reconsider the art there. Though the additional run speed is an interesting change of pace. I also found myself throwing Improved Beneath Notice in the mix again.

Well... Senario overdid it with the decorations inside Rivendel.

In general new look seems good and i like the way you can enter the halls without loading screens its very nice detail.

What i only want from the old textures is the floor in the entrance. @Senario can you plz add the reflection in the floor in the entrance room PLZ PLZ PLZPLZ??

REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion and a shame for the ART.

Regarding the Last Homely House: Wow! It's really spectacular.

Clearly the sense of the word "homely" being used here is not the modern one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Regarding the Last Homely House: Wow! It's really spectacular.

Clearly the sense of the word "homely" being used here is not the modern one.
    Elves define many things differently than we would.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    Well... Senario overdid it with the decorations inside Rivendel.

In general new look seems good and i like the way you can enter the halls without loading screens its very nice detail.

What i only want from the old textures is the floor in the entrance. @Senario can you plz add the reflection in the floor in the entrance room PLZ PLZ PLZPLZ??

I would very much like it if the reflection was there, signed!

Is the new interior still whiteish? That plus the fact the ground was a mirror gave it a very specific feeling that made it unique from other elven places. Such a place of marble and grace, not just elves=fancy colored wood type of feel.

Also, in the screenshot posted in this thread, I noticed there is orange light - which doesn't look bad, though doesn't that mean it makes the entire space look... orange? I would prefer gentle purple, in accordance with these OG lamps and statue lights, I guess. Orange, while looks good or even spectacular, reminds me of places like Lorien I guess? Why both should have a similar lightning? I don't know, I wasn't inside so hard to tell, but makes me wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    Elves define many things differently than we would.
    I just figured they were using a much older meaning of the word "homely". Originally it meant "domestic", i.e. relating to a home or household. What we might today call "homey".

Whilst I like what you've done with Rivendell, I will note that the water in the fountains/pools is very reflective and more like mercury than water... the ones in the south hall even reflect the sky despite that being an enclosed space

Concerning the power changes

There will be a mountain of negative feedback if this goes live do to the hardships it will cause (that it already is causing). Multiple player discussions have revolved around taking a break until it gets resolved, I myself and starting lean towards doing it also. In its combined player base vacation will drive overall monthly/yearly income gain into the ground that will be hard to say the least to recover from.

The FAQ for Before the Shadow already set the point price at 1995 Points in March. Image wasn't for this new content ofc. Auto bestowed on BR?

Having both pop around the same time though... Yay! Another Point Sale in the offing if you hadn't catered sufficiently and not subbing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    The FAQ for Before the Shadow already set the point price at 1995 Points in March. Image wasn't for this new content ofc. Auto bestowed on BR?

Having both pop around the same time though... Yay! Another Point Sale in the offing if you hadn't catered sufficiently and not subbing right now.
    Yes, this image from bullroarer and I ask that because I remember 1995 in FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Onno View Post
    Oh great, another red line Guardian nerf.
    I guess those are really necessary for game balance and an important factor for improving playability.

On the one hand, you always talk about how every class should be able to deal decent damage, yet our only work on guardian class is reducing the usefulness of his skills. Again.
    (the last one being to time-limit the brutal charge effect.)

Well done. Please continue to remove all the fun out of playing this game. sigh.
    Sigh......, another nerf to the guard. They nerfed our "flash of light" damage cause creeps were crying about it and now this. Really frustrating, its not like we are a super dps class like hunter, champ, brawler, rks, etc..... I mean seriously do you guys think guards are a threat to anyone out in the moors? He is certainly not in any 12/6 or 3 man instances either so why the nerf ?They are constantly knit picking us into uselessness. Geezzz !!!!!
    Last edited by Technician46; Feb 09 2023 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    Its a general term for the physical thing you walk around in. Sometimes they are "lego" pieces that we make something out of, sometimes they are custom one-off objects (like The Last Homely House was), and sometimes is a space constructed of individual modular entities floating inside an empty "shell" (like the new Homely House is).
    Thanks.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Exclamation

Scenario, Kehleyr

Could someone look at the Kings Banner on War Steeds?

Ref: https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...t-seem-to-work

Also bug report: 270816

Pretty please...
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    The poster was questioning the discrepancy in pricing. I was assuring them that there was nothing to fear and the Preview price is fake.

Before the Shadow is not auto-granted on Bullroarer. You have to have purchased the content on your Live account to have access to it on Bullroarer. This is the reason the offer is in the Bullroarer store.

Since LOTRO Points are freely granted on Bullroarer the price doesn't matter, and you can purchase the expansion so you can experience the content in the Bullroarer environment only.
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

The poster was questioning the discrepancy in pricing. I was assuring them that there was nothing to fear and the Preview price is fake.

Before the Shadow is not auto-granted on Bullroarer. You have to have purchased the content on your Live account to have access to it on Bullroarer. This is the reason the offer is in the Bullroarer store.

Since LOTRO Points are freely granted on Bullroarer the price doesn't matter, and you can purchase the expansion so you can experience the content in the Bullroarer environment only.
    Ofc. I was wondering, not got on to BR as yet, that the mention of free to VIPs concerning the new cluster is actually open to VIPs without BtS. Year's past the following content after an expansion was tied to that expansion to be free. Has this changed if that caveat is not being employed now? I got my points ready for BtS but as a Lifer the message is saying I can wait even longer if delvings aren't floating my boat, yet. Enjoyed them for that brief beta but didn't fit with the hours contained in a week to also sleep and eat for the chars I keep similarly equipped at cap.

Ofc. I was wondering, not got on to BR as yet, that the mention of free to VIPs concerning the new cluster is actually open to VIPs without BtS. Year's past the following content after an expansion was tied to that expansion to be free. Has this changed if that caveat is not being employed now? I got my points ready for BtS but as a Lifer the message is saying I can wait even longer if delvings aren't floating my boat, yet. Enjoyed them for that brief beta but didn't fit with the hours contained in a week to also sleep and eat for the chars I keep similarly equipped at cap.
    The Return to Carn Dum is not a part of nor is it a continuation of the content from Before the Shadow. Its a stand-alone product. When something like the the Hidden-hoard, for example, was released in an update after an expansion, it was included in that expansion because it was planned and marketed to be a part of it but it needed more time for completion and testing before it was ready to launch.

Scenario, so I've seen the new Elrond's house now and it looks amazing. Richer colors, better assets, sensible stairs up, more friendly charm with different decos, doesn't have any specific lightning forced after all, the new orange trees are okay! Might have lost some of its "white overwhelming splendor" but that's because all these decorations covered it up a bit but you can still see the same color and space underneath it all, so okay, it is nice!

Now that's how you remaster an older space! Convey the original but make it better and more real rather than change the entire idea and layout. The house is very nice now! And still does feel unique, not like it's similar to other spaces from different regions and doesn't use any unmatching assets from different sets, the basis is still its own pieces given a face lift.

Just *please* maybe it's not such a big thing and yet... I do feel like that green floor immediately upon entering doesn't belong. The one that the yellow leaves are on and then near staircase. Feels a bit like a circus impression, trying to hard to be colorful with green nature vibes. Can't it be a mirror marble white stone floor like before? It would bring back some of that older, noble, marble vibe and match with the rest of the interior better (with its white-blue walls, or how the entire staircase looks like). The shade of that green is particularly... jarring and not very nice. Or making it darker would help too, like the green on some of the ornament elements on walls and floors. But much better mirror marble please!
    Last edited by TesalionLortus; Feb 10 2023 at 04:37 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast