Crossover 22.1 was released today, Tue 2023-02-14. I have tested it with my two Macs (2019 iMac and 2012 Mini) in two different versions of MacOS (13 Ventura and 10.14 Mojave) and it runs LOTRO perfectly.

My current bottle settings/advanced settings recommendations if using Crossover 22.1 are:
DXVK/DXVK Backend for D3D11 - enabled
CSMT/Performance Enhanced Graphics – disabled
ESync/Performance Enhanced Synchronization (ESync) - disabled
High Resolution Mode – disabled

DXVK is more compatible with a larger variety of Mac hardware. Some Macs are fully compatible with the vulkan backend for D3D11, which is the default and is enabled when DXVK is disabled. If you use DirectX 11 within LOTRO, you might want to try disabling DXVK to see if your Mac will work with the vulkan backend. If your Mac runs LOTRO with the vulkan backend enabled (i.e. DXVK disabled) with LOTRO set for DirectX 11 and Antialiasing enabled, then that is what you should use. If your Mac shows a red screen upon client launch or you run into some other problem with the vulkan backend with LOTRO set for DirectX 11 and Antialiasing enabled, you will need to revert to DXVK. There is no way to know if your Mac's hardware is fully compatible until you test it. If you don't want to invest time in testing, just stick with DXVK enabled in your Crossover bottle settings.

I previously had recommended CSMT/Performance Enhanced Graphics to be enabled. For LOTRO players using Intel Macs with integrated graphics, or very old discrete graphics cards with less than 1gb of VRAM; the game will probably run better and with fewer potential problems with CSMT/Performance Enhanced Graphics enabled. Everyone else should disable this setting as with Crossover 22.1 it is no longer providing any benefit.

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Codeweavers is currently running a 25% discount on a one-year Crossover subscription. The code is:
CUPIDisSTUPID
The discount code will be valid through Tue 2023-02-21.