We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reward Track season ends during the maintenance widow - Heads Up!

What it says on the tin.

What’s a tin?

Can't say for sure, but it seems to be slang referring to the label on a package.
    The content is "what's stated on the tin". Or, in this case, the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxie View Post
    Can't say for sure, but it seems to be slang referring to the label on a package.
    The content is "what's stated on the tin". Or, in this case, the thread title.
    In Yorkshire, technically, "it is not in the tin" is " 'tin 'tin Tin ". Not relevant, but who could resist.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Wednesday should be a free day on reward track account, since its always an maintenance day.

Quote Originally Posted by PatasdoLeao View Post
    Wednesday should be a free day on reward track account, since its always an maintenance day.
    We have 3 months between seasons. Unlike the 'seasonal' figment vendors or the curator, this is always known and consistent.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Although now the calendar does give the dates for the curator and the seasonal figment vendors at least approximately.

I had such bad luck with this I completed the whole track but didn't have time to make room for and claim the very last item, the pet, and next day I had too much pain in my hands and wrists again and needed to rest from the computer for a day, and as I tried starting up LOTRO earlier today to claim it I noticed they had just brought the servers down Bad luck after all that work

When I logged in just to make sure it was actually gone, I noticed that the new reward track didn't have an end date. Maybe just a bug?

Hopefully they'll add the rewards someplace else in the future, and not locked behind time limits or month long grind or stick it on an NPC that isn't always available. Stuff like that just makes playing LOTRO a job instead of entertainment, I feel. It's fine to do it when the item is new and fresh, but it would be nice it they were less painful go earn when they're old
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    I had such bad luck with this I completed the whole track but didn't have time to make room for and claim the very last item, the pet, and next day I had too much pain in my hands and wrists again and needed to rest from the computer for a day, and as I tried starting up LOTRO earlier today to claim it I noticed they had just brought the servers down Bad luck after all that work

When I logged in just to make sure it was actually gone, I noticed that the new reward track didn't have an end date. Maybe just a bug?

Hopefully they'll add the rewards someplace else in the future, and not locked behind time limits or month long grind or stick it on an NPC that isn't always available. Stuff like that just makes playing LOTRO a job instead of entertainment, I feel. It's fine to do it when the item is new and fresh, but it would be nice it they were less painful go earn when they're old
    1. I give myself at least a week prior to the season's end to claim and store everything so I don't lose anything I want.
    Anything new claimed would go into shared storage to be dealt with later.

2. Quite possibly a bug and someone forgot to code in a end date.

3. We all have been wanting this.
    I agree that this FOMO approach makes any MMO less and less fun. I've started to hate festivals and events because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    1. I give myself at least a week prior to the season's end to claim and store everything so I don't lose anything I want.
    Anything new claimed would go into shared storage to be dealt with later.
    I would do this too if I could. The reward track is very very long and I don't have lots of characters who can earn LI exp, and my hands and wrists can't handle grinding missions every single day, I'm just glad I managed to get to the end before the time was up this time. Just sad I didn't actually get the reward I had earned.

3. We all have been wanting this.
    I agree that this FOMO approach makes any MMO less and less fun. I've started to hate festivals and events because of this.
    Me too. I used to LOVE the festivals and did festival content all day until the end of the festival. I understand that they add grind to try to get us to play longer, but for me it has had the opposite effect. The more of a job a game turns into, the less I play it. I mean, of course I get snagged into the grind for a short while at the start but then I get burned out and stop playing not just the time-limited grinds, but also the normal content. It's great that they have at least removed some of the time-limits from festivals, but I'm still too burned out from everything else like that which has been added so I'm on a break from festivals too.

I do love LOTRO, its' a wonderful and beautiful game, I'm just tired of having it as a job.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

We have 3 months between seasons. Unlike the 'seasonal' figment vendors or the curator, this is always known and consistent.
    Yet Season 5 doesn't show "Time remaining". Has anyone heard if this is known and going to be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BentoIce View Post
    Yet Season 5 doesn't show "Time remaining". Has anyone heard if this is known and going to be fixed?
    It is probably a oversight and somebody forgot to code it in.
    They did mention season 5 ending in May if you take a look at the events calendar.

Events calendar gets updated by Cordovan even though the initial post looks like it posted in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuredil View Post
    Events calendar gets updated by Cordovan even though the initial post looks like it posted in 2016.
    It has been fleshed out a bit, shall have to take more notice. Remis of me not to have looked since last year, given the edited date. Seems to have locked down season 7's end to 11/15/23 9:59am Eastern. Quite specific. New hardware due at the datacentre or more content for the existing to contend with?