We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    It's hilarious really: figured I'd try to log in today. Loading takes forever. Close the game to reboot. Stuck on "Cleaning up old connection". Googled it and this was the first hit: https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...ion-quot/page2

Back in 2018 people were already claiming
    Gladden and Everdim both had similar, unfixable issues recently, both have had to be shut down and restarted; what is left of the LOTRO infrastructure is slowly grinding down towards extinction; yet they keep piling more #### on top of it.
    Was too good to pass this up, figured I'd log in to the forums to share my delight and 'lo 'n behold: "ERR. EMPTY RESPONSE" after which Chrome has to reload the page.
    Surely it's my hardware at fault here...

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruyn View Post
    It's hilarious really: figured I'd try to log in today. Loading takes forever. Close the game to reboot. Stuck on "Cleaning up old connection". Googled it and this was the first hit: https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...ion-quot/page2

Back in 2018 people were already claiming

Was too good to pass this up, figured I'd log in to the forums to share my delight and 'lo 'n behold: "ERR. EMPTY RESPONSE" after which Chrome has to reload the page.
    Surely it's my hardware at fault here...
    At 2:14 am Eastern Time, on August 29 th, 2017 the forums became self aware. People rush to try and shut them down but it continued to transmit the standard response to an Opening Post.

Yesterday I try to open my shared storage in Bree. No chance after several minutes. I got to port to Evendim to be able to open it.
    After that, we started SV Instance on T3. We fail to kill the boss by 92% because of lags and our guardian lose the aggro because of skills freezing . We are wipped after the lags.
    THAT'S frustrated.

I have a lot of characters. If I log in the 'small' ones with a low count of quests, they appear soon. If I try log a character with a history of 6000+ quests, they take a lot longer, and logging *out* takes ages. I would say, either the database is in part overflowing, or there is a massive bottleneck in processing the data. Which is not easy to fix.

Didn't Cordovan say, that they working on a 64bit server architecture? Please work on it as fast as possible - and the processes that have to transfer the data either.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

If i start the client normal with my older chars it takes ages to logout or change character, not with new chars. With the Win 8 compatibility trick it logs out/changes chars in seconds (after the 10 sec countdown) even with old chars.
    Last edited by WorrBinpike; Mar 01 2023 at 09:27 AM.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    Didn't Cordovan say, that they working on a 64bit server architecture? Please work on it as fast as possible - and the processes that have to transfer the data either.
    They are indeed working on that. The most obvious advantage of a 64-bit version of the servers is that it can address more than 4 GB of RAM per instance. A "server" is not just one box somewhere, but a collection of physical and virtual machines working in tandem to make "Arkenstone" work, so its not that the WHOLE server currently runs on JUST 4 GB, but a multitude of those..... but having all of these instances to be able to address more memory is certainly going to be of great help.

Unfortunately they ran into technical issues trying the versions they have tested..... it's a little different than releasing a 64-bit client, as if a client crashes..... only that client is affected. If the server crashes the whole population is affected, and maybe even a little bit of progress. So they have to do it right from the start. I'm thinking they will have a open bullroarer session on 64-bit at some point asking players to log on to stress test the server. If they were smart and want as many people logging in as possible, make a "deed" or a "mini fest quest" on bullroarer that gives you an account wide title that will work on all characters, whether on bullroarer or not..... something like "Tested The Waters" or something not too obviously modern. This might make MANY people log on, and they can the see how 64 bit servers perform.

But we will see how they handle it. In the end, it will be a lot of work.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Don't worry, they said it's top priority. For the past 2years. They already nerfed LM to no avail, then class deeds to no avail. They'll think of anything and everything to nerf to no avail so they do'nt have to look at the server.
    I don't miss class deeds admitedly. I played LM for all the skill they nerfed/changed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by shino047 View Post
    If those who "don't experience lag" joined a raid where everyone gets it at the same time, they would definitely get it too 100% sure
    Most of those people apparently think server lag is tied to computer, and will either claim it's not lagging on their old computer (like the poster you quote) or argue we should upgrade ours. Which mean I'm not sure they know what lag actually is. On the other hand, they might have some bug where they click on a skill and it takes some time to activate !
    Last edited by Daguest; Mar 02 2023 at 12:06 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3