We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New great emotes for miserable people

I'm restarting the issue with emotes, as there are new ideas for more emotes that completely humiliate the LOTRO community and also give value to wretched people as well as the opportunity to spread their filth everywhere.
    Because I see that the developers are not willing to "clean up" the messes that the emotes have done, so I suggest making them a bit worse.

After the amazing emotes I suggested at the beginning like "spit in the face" "punch" "humiliate" (profanity removed), I also suggest the "kick in the @..." (removed) "buried alive" and (removed).

In this way I will help you understand the amount of corruption you have caused in LOTRO community for the sake of some wretched emotes.
    Now it's up to you to watch things getting worse and worse until LOTRO completely corrupted to the end.
    Last edited by Cordovan; Feb 23 2023 at 11:34 AM.

You mean trolls being annoying spamming emotes bothering others?, well you get trolls in any MMO, best to just ignore them and move on, or depends on server place/time, on Crickhollow server I rarely ever run into this kind of thing even at weekly public events no one is bothersome.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

3. Feb 23 2023, 01:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    well you get trolls in any MMO, best to just ignore them and move on, or depends on server place/time, on Crickhollow server I rarely ever run into this kind of thing even at weekly public events no one is bothersome.
    Are you saying I should ignore them and go further? And if they keep following what should I do?
    As a moderator, you control what is written in words in the chat rooms but unfortunately you're unaware that emotes are also chatting.

When someone is constantly attacked by emotes this is also called harassment. It is obvious that someone can harass others with both words and emotes because you yourself created them.
    And what if we responded accordingly to these challenges? Have you ever thought about where all this would end up?

We have reached the point where we are talking about changing server or entry time to avoid trolls... That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in here.
    So why don't you intervene in there but you simply ignore it? Finally, become please more responsible if you want to not drowning into the mud with the whole community.

The devs actually thought of this issue. You just have to know where to change the settings of the game.

You can become anonymous, which removes the information about your current location from the 'Fellowing' menu. Just check the box in the upper left corner, and you are good.

After this, I would go to a stablemaster in Bree/Michel Delving/Thorins Hall, and choose to travel per fast travel to another area. It is cheap, and they cannot see where you are going, so they cannot follow you any longer.

Also, I would go into Options, Social Options, and remove the checkmark from 'Enable Involuntary Emotes'. This will discourage the person who obviously had too many leftovers from the Fall Festival and no decent upbringing.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by AegisRegnat View Post
    Are you saying I should ignore them and go further? And if they keep following what should I do?
    As a moderator, you control what is written in words in the chat rooms but unfortunately you're unaware that emotes are also chatting.

When someone is constantly attacked by emotes this is also called harassment. It is obvious that someone can harass others with both words and emotes because you yourself created them.
    And what if we responded accordingly to these challenges? Have you ever thought about where all this would end up?

We have reached the point where we are talking about changing server or entry time to avoid trolls... That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in here.
    So why don't you intervene in there but you simply ignore it? Finally, become please more responsible if you want to not drowning into the mud with the whole community.
    No one said anything about changing servers, I was just basically saying not every server has these issues much, also Anonymous is a thing you can turn on, so they can't see your online or where you are in game, and then you can report players through the help system when theres an issue.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

If someone is following you around harassing you with emotes, that is a reportable offense. The key word being harassment, if emotes are happening around you and you don't like it that probably would not qualify, but if you are being harassed you are being harassed regardless of the method (item, emote, chat, whatever) being used.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I'm restarting the issue with emotes, as there are new ideas for more emotes that completely humiliate the LOTRO community and also give value to wretched people as well as the opportunity to spread their filth everywhere.
    Because I see that the developers are not willing to "clean up" the messes that the emotes have done, so I suggest making them a bit worse.

After the amazing emotes I suggested at the beginning like "spit in the face" "punch" "humiliate" (profanity removed), I also suggest the "kick in the @..." (removed) "buried alive" and (removed).

In this way I will help you understand the amount of corruption you have caused in LOTRO community for the sake of some wretched emotes.
    Now it's up to you to watch things getting worse and worse until LOTRO completely corrupted to the end.
    Next time something bad happens with someone, as Cordovan says, do the following:

1. Check the chat window for the log and see the name of the player, while it is visible do a full screenshot of the window.
    2. Press in the far left side of the bottom main bar MENU (arrow that goes up) -> SYSTEM (same menu for logout) -> HELP
    3. A window (like the one of the LOTRO store) will be opened, click the button "CONTACT SUPPORT".
    4. In the "How can Support help you" select "I have a problem with a character, quest, item or ANOTHER PLAYER".
    5. In the "Description" field be short describing and write at which hour in your local time happened PLUS at which time zone you are.
    6. At the end of the form there is an attach file field, add the screenshot where the name of that player appears.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Carallot; Feb 23 2023 at 03:03 PM.
    Dear reader, I tend to edit my posts A LOT, sorry. Please don't be hasty, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If someone is following you around harassing you with emotes, that is a reportable offense. The key word being harassment, if emotes are happening around you and you don't like it that probably would not qualify, but if you are being harassed you are being harassed regardless of the method (item, emote, chat, whatever) being used.
    Thank you very much. That's exactly what I wanted to hear from you. I have already made my report.

If you're referring to the involuntary emotes, emotes done by other characters that force actions on your character, you can turn them off in game under OPTIONS->SOCIAL OPTIONS->ENABLE INVOLUNTARY EMOTES. I know I have unintentionally upset another player in trying to complete the deed for one of the fall festival involuntary emotes.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    Speaking Of Possibility Of New Emotes., I Certainly Do Love The Ones You Can Select, That Last For A Long Time ei: Smoke, Sit, Lay Down Etc., More Of These Would Be Grand., Especially When Attempting To Communicate During., For Most Emotes, The Animations Are Incredibly Quick And Do Not Last Long Enough For Words To Be Spoken (typed)

I get the feeling that the OP hasnt been harassed intentionally, but more that he can't work his way around the in-game mechanics that can stop people doing emotes around him.

Im going to bet all my ingame gold, that the report will be "looked into" and then closed. No action taken.

I would follow the advice of other players here instead.
    Spend time setting up the in-game mechanics instead. That goes faster than fillng out an report, which will most likely not be acted upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    I get the feeling that the OP hasnt been harassed intentionally, but more that he can't work his way around the in-game mechanics that can stop people doing emotes around him.

Im going to bet all my ingame gold, that the report will be "looked into" and then closed. No action taken.

Spend time setting up the in-game mechanics instead. That goes faster than fillng out an report, which will most likely not be acted upon.
    The essence of the conversation is different of what you think.

Continue to harass others will soon receive the consequences of the actions.

You'd better spend your gold in another way.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Dang, I remember being KIND of salty when force emotes came out and before there was an option to disable them, but this is something else. I mean, I'll report for extreme spamming (like 50-60) of non-force emotes (or did before SSG took away the ability to easily report chat spam) only because it fills the entire chat box, but in all my years I've never had anyone "harass" me personally. I would bet there's a good bit of hyperbole here.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post

People have previously tried helping OP as well: (https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...-of-the-idiots). Either there is some misunderstanding somewhere, or they are genuinely a troll. Their previous thread isn't even that old, such that making a new one was necessary.
    I think that they do not like people using any emotes in the game at all. That's the impression I get. Like laugh, etc.
    Paint the Sky with Stars