We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Shared storage not transfering

I tried several times to just transfer my shared storage from one server to another with it failing to do so. I filed a ticket to which the reply was to change the name of the lotro My Documents folder and do a repair through the launcher. I tried both and the transfer still failed. So I thought I would try with transfering a toon and shared storage. The toon transferred fine but once again shared storage did not (error). So I filed a ticket again and replied to email and have not heard a word from customer support in weeks? If there is some problem just let me know but not telling me anything for weeks is poor.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackers View Post
    I tried several times to just transfer my shared storage from one server to another with it failing to do so. I filed a ticket to which the reply was to change the name of the lotro My Documents folder and do a repair through the launcher. I tried both and the transfer still failed. So I thought I would try with transfering a toon and shared storage. The toon transferred fine but once again shared storage did not (error). So I filed a ticket again and replied to email and have not heard a word from customer support in weeks? If there is some problem just let me know but not telling me anything for weeks is poor.
    The first response you received from customer service was incompetent. The contents of your */My Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder have zero impact on Shared Storage, there isn’t even a cache file in there. Absolutely nothing in that local folder would have any impact on a server transfer in any way. I’m sure that the first entry on the first page of the CS troubleshooting guide is, “Have the customer move, rename, or delete that folder,” because that resets locally-stored settings and preferences to their defaults and does in fact work around a lot of problems – but in this case it is wholly unrelated to your problem.

Nothing about your game files is related, either. The “repair” function also had no chance of resolving your issue. Whatever is going wrong is going wrong on the other end of the transaction, not on your computer.

Assuming you are attempting to transfer from a non-Legendary server to a non-Legendary server, and the source and destination servers are both in the North America group or both in the EU group, your transfer should be possible. The transfer tool should not allow you to even submit the attempt otherwise so I doubt that’s the problem.

If you have not received a reply in more than 7 days try submitting a new ticket, including the history you detailed in this thread. Hopefully this time you will get the attention of a CS agent who has some understanding of the problem.