We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dyes and Cosmetic Items

Why not add the ability to dye items to the wardrobe? Once you place a color in the wardrobe it could then be used for any item. You could even sell color packs like the ones that exist for the warsteed. Maybe even add deeds where one can earn special dye skills/colors?
    Last edited by Neinda; Mar 16 2023 at 04:47 PM.

I am confused. Items in the wardrobe can be dyed. You just pull the dye onto the respective item. It is rather the warsteed dyes that I am worried about... having to buy them for each character separately...

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    I am confused. Items in the wardrobe can be dyed. You just pull the dye onto the respective item. It is rather the warsteed dyes that I am worried about... having to buy them for each character separately...

Greetings, Polymachos
    What I would like to see is the ability to learn a dye color and it becomes a permanent part of the wardrobe so that I can apply it to any and all items in the wardrobe without having to dye each individual item one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    What I would like to see is the ability to learn a dye color and it becomes a permanent part of the wardrobe so that I can apply it to any and all items in the wardrobe without having to dye each individual item one at a time.
    I feel like this would defeat crafting dyes from the scholars, cause if you added a dye to wardrobe and it remains there permanently to dye an item certain color when ever you want on any item without having to add dye to each item in Wardrobe, I think some would not feel the need to craft dyes anymore if everything is in the Wardrobe now, the current way it is I think is fine, and keeps the dye market of crafting them going.
    you could add and remove items at anytime from the wardrobe if want to dye them cause all colors would be and no need to craft more.

At least this is how I see it going.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

What dye feature I want the most is adding to the functionality of the Dressing Room UI.

First of all, the whole UI should be re-sizable. Then I want to be able to check a box or select on a drop-down to apply the same colour dye to everything in the UI. Like if I want to see what an outfit looks in all Red then I select Red once in the UI and check the box and all slots would be dyed Red. Then I could change the colour to a different one like Sea Blue and all of the slots would be dyed Sea Blue.

A long-shot suggestion would be related to the mostly older items that don't have a white base colour that throws off the dyes, adding something like Dye Wash but it sets the base colour of the item to base white. This would bring back into play a lot of the old stuff that doesn't get used cosmetically because of the dyeing problems.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    What dye feature I want the most is adding to the functionality of the Dressing Room UI.

First of all, the whole UI should be re-sizable. Then I want to be able to check a box or select on a drop-down to apply the same colour dye to everything in the UI. Like if I want to see what an outfit looks in all Red then I select Red once in the UI and check the box and all slots would be dyed Red. Then I could change the colour to a different one like Sea Blue and all of the slots would be dyed Sea Blue.

A long-shot suggestion would be related to the mostly older items that don't have a white base colour that throws off the dyes, adding something like Dye Wash but it sets the base colour of the item to base white. This would bring back into play a lot of the old stuff that doesn't get used cosmetically because of the dyeing problems.
    I very much agree. More good ideas. Maybe someday SSG will take a look at the whole cosmetic system in the game. It really has not changed much in years and could use a few tweaks to the whole system. This is a game, cosmetics are fun.