We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Using the music system on a mac using Crossover

Anyone doing this? I don't know where the files need to live

Quote Originally Posted by Aamu View Post
    Anyone doing this? I don't know where the files need to live
    In the Launcher, click the "▼" menu and choose "Explore Screenshots Folder".

Your "Music" folder belongs within that folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    In the Launcher, click the "?" menu and choose "Explore Screenshots Folder".

Your "Music" folder belongs within that folder.
    thanks-

Having conquered that, are you, under this modality, able to use things like 'Songbook'?

Quote Originally Posted by Aamu View Post
    Having conquered that, are you, under this modality, able to use things like 'Songbook'?
    Yes. Your "Plugins" folder belongs in that same folder, and you install Songbook in there as usual.

Then you need to "discover" your .abc files so the plugin will know about them. If the included "Songbook.hta" doesn't work (I don't have a Mac, so I'm not sure) then you can use the "discover_songs.pl" script that has been recently updated by kbulgrien and linked in the comments section for the plugin: https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...html#cmnt21682

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Yes. Your "Plugins" folder belongs in that same folder, and you install Songbook in there as usual.

Then you need to "discover" your .abc files so the plugin will know about them. If the included "Songbook.hta" doesn't work (I don't have a Mac, so I'm not sure) then you can use the "discover_songs.pl" script that has been recently updated by kbulgrien and linked in the comments section for the plugin: https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...html#cmnt21682
    Pretty much everything user-related is stored in the Documents folder for LotRO. When you use Crossover, you're just running the Windows version of the game. All the same locations apply. I thought Songbook was an app, not a plugin. For that case, you'd have to install it in Crossover, but obviously not a problem for plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    Pretty much everything user-related is stored in the Documents folder for LotRO. When you use Crossover, you're just running the Windows version of the game. All the same locations apply. I thought Songbook was an app, not a plugin. For that case, you'd have to install it in Crossover, but obviously not a problem for plugins.
    Songbook itself is a plugin, but it includes an "HTA" (HTML Application) file, Songbook.hta, which is a script that needs to be run outside the LOTRO client in order to compile a database of available .abc files. The script writes the data into a settings file (SongbookData.plugindata) which can be read by the plugin.

I have not tested this, but an HTA file ought to run in Crossover or other versions of WINE. Use the same method you would use to run an .exe file: In Crossover use the "Run Command..." from the same bottle where LOTRO is installed, in other versions of WINE be sure you are using the same prefix (i.e. bottle) as LOTRO (you have only one "prefix" unless you created additional prefixes) and run it from the Terminal using "wine X" where X is the file path and name of the HTA file – just drag the file into the Terminal window after typing, "wine ".
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Mar 19 2023 at 07:05 PM. Reason: OUGHT not OUT - grrr spellcheck