We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The new Deed tab layout is horrible!

With Update 35, the clickable buttons on then Deed Log tabs for Eriador, Rhovanion and Instances are now going over to the right side of the page. To be honest, this looks extremely awkward and is also unintuitive, as we've had 16 years to train to look at the bottom of that page.

If you are running out of space to put new buttons onto, can't you just make the Deed Log window... wider? The game already has large panels such as Traits, Epic Battes or Collections that cover most of the screen. Making Deed Log window just 20% wider will give you space for many more updates to come.

Thank you! This is so ugly I want to stop playing immediately. As a deed lover this is horrible. And that's not just the moved tab buttons, it's the ugly black border around the deed panel als well. Does SSG not have an interface designer anymore? There is soooo much wrong with the whole interface it drives me crazy. Please revamp at least the deed panel, maybe like the reputation window with the blue tabs on the side. But this is very annoying and makes absolutely not fun to do deeds anymore.

Yes, I agree. Just make the window bigger/wider.

They really need to update the deed log UI, wish they do it already.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

I've always had issue with the contrast between deed title and it's background. It could be made easier to read.

It does look awful. For a mainstay that gets new deeds basically every update it's in big-time need for a revamp

This is actually a bit embarrassing. Do they go back across the top once they fill the side? I suspect it was one of those last minute un oh moments where someone realized they forgot to add new deeds to the deed log and this was a "quick" fix. At least we can hope it was just a quick fix and is temporary. Maybe the design system for the deed log just moved the tab after saving the new layout? Sort of like autocorrect? I cannot imagine something like this was done on purpose. Maybe someone could submit a bug report?
    Last edited by Neinda; Mar 23 2023 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    With Update 35, the clickable buttons on then Deed Log tabs for Eriador, Rhovanion and Instances are now going over to the right side of the page. To be honest, this looks extremely awkward and is also unintuitive, as we've had 16 years to train to look at the bottom of that page.
    I say move all the tabs from the bottom to the right side, lowest level zones on the top. Then make the whole UI border re-sizable. Done.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I say move all the tabs from the bottom to the right side, lowest level zones on the top. Then make the whole UI border re-sizable. Done.
    +1

I think it was great idea and all tabs can go from bottom to top without re-sizing panel for future updates

It makes no fun to do deeds anymore. The UI is sad...

Ew, yeah. That's pretty ugly.
    Paint the Sky with Stars

plain ugly, yes.

and still all the delving deeds are in the cardolan & swanfleet tab .....

Quote Originally Posted by andrane View Post
    plain ugly, yes.

and still all the delving deeds are in the cardolan & swanfleet tab .....
    Yes, that's another thing. I cleared ALL landscape tabs on my main and this one will stay forever in the swanfleet tab because I will never reach 1000 tier 10 delvings. That killed all the fun of competing deeds for me. really sad. I am playing a lot less since this change. And that means less money for SSG from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Thank you! This is so ugly I want to stop playing immediately. As a deed lover this is horrible. And that's not just the moved tab buttons, it's the ugly black border around the deed panel als well. Does SSG not have an interface designer anymore? There is soooo much wrong with the whole interface it drives me crazy. Please revamp at least the deed panel, maybe like the reputation window with the blue tabs on the side. But this is very annoying and makes absolutely not fun to do deeds anymore.
    One word I very rarely use is "travesty", but in this case I'm in full agreement with Thurinuor here in regards to the deed interface.

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Now, this I would like.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Once there is more tabs it'll look somewhat more intuitive so can we please stop whining and forcing devs into pointless revisions because "you were accustomed to"? At least now they're all one size rather than shift constantly or stick out from the bottom. It sticks out either way and it'll be because UI is bad and they can't resize. It needs a revamp. Like a full-scale revamp. So WHEN is THAT coming? Is a better question and something to ask for.

Are the engineers still going to be tinkering just with lag for the foreseeable future (outside of something expac relevant like these boats maybe) or will they finally get to work to bring the game to shape that's visually pleasing and functional? First step UI/4K implementation with maybe some associated new UI possibilities, from there you can start having new better functional tabs for different game windows, systems, map system, with better navigation, higher res files maps etc. not to mention super useful requested things like freely turn on/off different UI elements, better dialogue box with nicely resized text, maybe some new windows/game/NPC triggers so the UI is already feature-proof in case they want to bring over a fully-fledged pad support someday. Having seen some FF videos and trying out a cra*py version of custom-made pad support in lotro really makes me feel like that's a gateway to a whole new immersion with this world, even just outside fights, if only accepting/bestowing/interacting with the world was easier and you could actually hide the UI or have it very minimal without having to hide all of it, like an essential quest window that pops up.

Well, anyway, yeah, "engineers needed!" is really the main slogan for the glorious future of this game

I think most of this is sarcasm.

Maybe a blue name could confirm if this is really how the deed log is intended to look going forward and not a temporary fix or some sort of bug?