We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why is Armor a reward, and not treasure?

When you open a chest, or kill a mob, why don't you find armor or weapons?

In most DND games you get a random item. In LOTRO you don't get ARMOR as loot or chest treasure, but only rewards for solving quests.
    Why is that ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    When you open a chest, or kill a mob, why don't you find armor or weapons?

In most DND games you get a random item. In LOTRO you don't get ARMOR as loot or chest treasure, but only rewards for solving quests.
    Why is that ??????
    Bad RNG luck for you?
    I get both armor and weapon drops off mobs all the time, from the starter area up through my highest lvl char at 121.

edit: oh yeah, and jewelry.

No luck for you is my guess cause Armour does drop from mobs when killing things.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

But if you are talking about good armor, high end that you would wear.....it's because LOTRO, as opposed to most other games out there, bases your stat/level improvement on Armor so it's more controlled than just random drops.