We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Attack animation speed too fast

Hello, returning player here. I played at release for like 1-2 years until ~ the beginning of 2009.
    I just came back to the game a few days ago and tried some classes.

One thing that i noticed immediately is that the speed of the auto attack animation and also the speed of many (most?) attack skills are much faster than they were back then.
    Up to the point where some animations look kind of silly and definitely don't help the immersion and feel of the combat.
    Basicly all auto attacks (worse with 2-handed weapons), remorseless strike (champion), sting and retaliation (guardian) are some examples that seem much too fast and look very strange.
    Some animations look like placeholders honestly...

Why did they speed up the animations so much?
    Am i the only one who is kind of annoyed by this?
    It's a shame because i basicly like the game quite much, but this problem for me is so obvious that i cannot ignore it.

Have a nice day!

Way back at release, weapons had different attack speeds. This was changed long ago and now all weapons have the same speed, but I don't think the animations were ever adjusted. Perhaps someone else knows better than me.