We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Roll back some Trait Points to be for deeds/quests

I think the trait points available for completing certain deeds and quests was a nice motivator to do them! Now I don't feel much incentive because I don't get that same dopamine reward at the end. I think eliminating trait points from skill deeds was wise, especially if it was causing lag (although I don't know why we still have the skill deeds, or how they don't cause lag if only rewarding LP). But the trait points from quests and bigger deeds would be nice to roll back to how they were before.

Oh no, I like the system as it is now. I actually play the game instead of doing any kind of deed for those trait points. I would hate for any kind of rollback like that.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by Rinlul View Post
    I think the trait points available for completing certain deeds and quests was a nice motivator to do them! Now I don't feel much incentive because I don't get that same dopamine reward at the end. I think eliminating trait points from skill deeds was wise, especially if it was causing lag (although I don't know why we still have the skill deeds, or how they don't cause lag if only rewarding LP). But the trait points from quests and bigger deeds would be nice to roll back to how they were before.
    Force people to complete some quest on every character wasn't wise idea in first place. Lotro have crazy amount of great questlines and you don't need valuable rewards to do them

I miss the excitement of working on a goal like a skill deed and getting a reward that I considered valuable. There are good reasons not to gate trait points behind deeds and quests, so I get why it was changed- but the absence of a meaningful reward is unfortunate. Nowadays there's no reason to do certain deeds.

But the trait points from quests and bigger deeds would be nice to roll back to how they were before.
    Definitely not at all!
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

It's way better now. I missed lots of trait points on alts because of the metas and having to do certain quest chains when I rather skip them.

I'd rather kill myself than do those Rohan questlines again. No thanks.

Add some other incentive for finishing quests. Maybe a big chunk of virtue XP, the current deed system is very piecemeal for that. It'd be nice if high tiers of quest deeds gave like 10-20k VXP or something, I'd do that.
    Last edited by PreemptiveRegret; Apr 03 2023 at 10:48 AM.

I partly agree but mostly disagree.

When a new expansion is released, tying some trait points into the contents quests and/or deeds is 'fine', but as soon as that content is no longer relevant, they should be removed and granted for free.

This won't happen and i disagree with this suggestion, I like the new system, just getting points from leveling is better, I do certain quest/deeds cause i like doing them and story with the quest, I don't need a goal or extra reward for it, saying your not motivated to do quest anymore tells me you weren't or aren't interested in the story associated with trait points that was at the end.

It just became too much for those with multiple characters and they don't want have do all over again many times.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

"Dopamine reward" I'm sorry is this a mobile game or PC game? The achievements in most PC games don't offer anything, just an achievement/badge of honor, so lotro is already doing way more in this department, simply by the sheer existence of LP rewards. Just saying. I guess they could add some extra XP for completing some deeds to speed up levelling / provide alternative but I guess that's not what you want, you want to feel rewarded in doing every single quest/deed by chasing some carrot on the stick

I propose daily wrapper quests. And weeklies. Do 10 deeds daily. Earn a slightly better LI rune. Don't miss out. Fomo. And dopamine. *sight*

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    "Dopamine reward" I'm sorry is this a mobile game or PC game? The achievements in most PC games don't offer anything, just an achievement/badge of honor, so lotro is already doing way more in this department, simply by the sheer existence of LP rewards. Just saying. I guess they could add some extra XP for completing some deeds to speed up levelling / provide alternative but I guess that's not what you want, you want to feel rewarded in doing every single quest/deed by chasing some carrot on the stick

I propose daily wrapper quests. And weeklies. Do 10 deeds daily. Earn a slightly better LI rune. Don't miss out. Fomo. And dopamine. *sight*
    People have some truth in their view, if SSG remove trait points from quests/deeds, they can replace it with something else. Maybe not as important as trait points, but still valuable. As example, box with teal gear

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    People have some truth in their view, if SSG remove trait points from quests/deeds, they can replace it with something else. Maybe not as important as trait points, but still valuable. As example, box with teal gear
    Or they could just throw in more pets/mounts/decos/cosmetics and yeah, some other occasional rewards maybe, but the point being deeds offer some cool things of varied origins and aren't just turned into your teal gear farming. I think deeds don't need to offer great rewards for "end game progression" but there are definitely some that could use some actually cool things. There are almost none fluff rewards that are actually worth working for offered and you would think something like that is well-suited for deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    they could just throw in more pets/mounts/decos/cosmetics
    That is enough incentive for most players to do most things; fluff rewards.
    Like the Big Bee cosmetic pet from completing the Vales of Anduin meta deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Yeah, but ideally you gotta offer rewards of many kinds/types for different players. In case when I'm not a completionist... I'm kinda tire of various insects and endless reskins of lizards, bees, wormlings, other little things etc. From my uncompleted meta deeds only Agarnaith steed and some warsteed set of Elderslade convinced me to do them. Nothing interesting for many others and they hardly offer these cosmetic/fluff rewards for meta deeds in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    They need rework deeds first. Yes, Mordor have great looking mounts, as example. But you sill need kill 400 mobs in every resource instances to get it. Just example.
    Last edited by Elmagor; Apr 03 2023 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Nowadays there's no reason to do certain deeds.
    And I'm happy for that too. I hate deeding, I do it a lot less now than before.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

17. Apr 03 2023, 08:03 PM

The reaction to tying class trait points to level only received such resounding praise I can't imagine they'll venture placing them to deeds/quests ever again. If you need "incentive" to do the quests it speaks volumes about how terrible the quests are and you want to force people to do them?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    They need rework deeds first. Yes, Mordor have great looking mounts, as example. But you sill need kill 400 mobs in every resource instances to get it. Just example.
    My memory isn't what it used to be for sure, but I cannot remember these deeds or mounts. I'm pretty positive that I would have done this - just can't remember anything about it.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    My memory isn't what it used to be for sure, but I cannot remember these deeds or mounts. I'm pretty positive that I would have done this - just can't remember anything about it.
    Yeah, I don't remember having to do the deeds inside the crafting instances (though the mobs inside for sure contributed, it just wasn't a requirement to specifically kill those mobs), but it was for this horse iirc https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Res...d_of_Agarnaith which I think is probably one of the best looking horses in the game.

And whilst I don't necessarily agree with adding trait points back to deeds, adding them to the current expansions questlines is not a terrible move, just so long as they are removed when the game moves forward and auto-bestowed, and we aren't required to go back and do content from 50 levels ago... But, at the same time, I would only support this if it was an account-wide unlock, because no way would I quest through on 10+ alts.
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Apr 04 2023 at 09:14 AM.

As you can see in recent years, the game has been gradually introducing new activities with distributing rewards while not removing old mechanics that may have been abandoned over time and not updated for a long time. There is a gradual acceleration of the gameplay itself, pve and pvp, almost any gaming activity becomes optional and there are almost always alternatives or similar rewards, everything that negatively affected is gradually being corrected including time costs. Gaining class points by completing deeds/quests as it was for virtues previously slowed entry for new players. As practice shows, completing epic quests also becomes almost optional, the introduction of the latest Valar level skip to level 140 with teleport to new instance cluster location also confirms this.

They gradually introduce motivational mechanisms where the player himself chooses how to play, such as difficulty in missions in pve. For pvp the introduction of sieges will create points of interest for the concentration of players, making it easier to find the enemy in an open location. At the same time, no one will force you to participate in the siege, it comes as another additional game mechanic and so on.
    Last edited by modtek; Apr 04 2023 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PreemptiveRegret View Post
    Add some other incentive for finishing quests. Maybe a big chunk of virtue XP, the current deed system is very piecemeal for that. It'd be nice if high tiers of quest deeds gave like 10-20k VXP or something, I'd do that.
    10k VXP for a region's meta deed (quests+explorer+slayer) sounds right. Maybe a good chunk of LP as well, like 50.

I'd like to see some of the store-only emotes added to deed rewards as well, where thematically appropriate (Forochel -> snowwizard).

The thing is easy to me: Trait points being bound to specific region finishes is a great concept (even expanded to other regions!) - be everywhere and learn everywhere. But if you are on a 3rd, 4th, 5th, ... Character this idea becomes a painful grind. Good thing it's gone - personally i would've liked an account wide system where you finish a region or part of it for a trait point and from then on every character reaching region lvl gets it.

Some things i wanted to strictly criticize though - there are 2 big flaws now:

-Around 100 LotroPoints LESS for every character to obtain, many by just fighting.

-And very bad design in the conversion scale from playerlevel to traitpoint ratio:
    If you achieved everything and were on lvl cap 120 or even just by valar: you had 92 points - after the update it dropped to 86 because someone randomly assigned the number to the level scale. So this made many players lose progress they already had (and maybe even grinded long time for) which is always an unprofessional move by game devs. And also for every future character lvl 120 for 92 points wont do it (i think) its now 10 levels more to do just to PLAY the same way in fights. (btw 120 is just one example where i looked into)

If i would have done the new system to be honest i would have set level 100 as a nice treat to let everyone have full trait points and IF they ever plan to allow more, they still could add it to a higher level. Just let people play and train a bit already, not let the full rotation training begin thrugh joining level cap.
    Gwaihir [DE] - Specialized in Festivals, UI-Settings, Character-Management and Efficiency, scenic Screenshots, cinematic Videos, Showcase-Videos, Game-Guides, Opinions - Ultimate Grand-Master of Bullroarer's Challenge within Greenfield during Spring Festival - my favorite place in Lotro :) - Edit [Update 35.1]: It's still Lotro - just everyday a bit less.

And people wonder why the game has gotten so overly easy over the years lol. I guess I'm of the mindset that it isn't mandatory for people to have every single perk just by leveling up. Sure, you can get some better gear through raids (pretty much exclusively through endgame), but it would also be cool to have tangible benefits to your character that are achievable through stuff like doing an entire epic quest line. And me personally I like leveling up my trait trees more than gear or virtues.

If you don't want the extra dozen or so trait points from doing that stuff, it really is not going to impact your gameplay very significantly unless you are only doing end-game raids all the time (in which case I can't relate to you anyways). Seemed like a good system that no one had issues with before, but I reckon once something is made easier people aren't gonna jump at the idea of tweaking it back a bit. Even if it's only to an enormously reasonable degree!

And people wonder why the game has gotten so overly easy over the years lol.
    Are you actually saying that using a single skill 100/200/500/1000 times made the game more difficult?
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Seemed like a good system that no one had issues with before
    There were plenty of issues.

If you had a 105 valar you had to backtrack to lower level regions. Some points granted some not, and had to use wiki to find out which ones you were missing.
    The quests giving the trait points were no longer acquirable, so you were barred out of the gate in the cave close to Ethring as you typically open that inside an instance a quest going the traitor point requires.
    West Rohan points were gated by the epic, so you had to do the epic too. The quests aren't linear either. Many people on the forums and in-game chat asking for directions.

If you got a 120 valar, quests bestowing trait points were not auto-completed so you could do them and get silly numbers like 96 (20), setting you up for any future trait cap increases.

Skill deed-bestowed traits had a daily cap, so you were effectively nerfed until enough days had passed or you used enough skills tomes and spammed skills off cooldown. Some of them 3 minutes. You had level 130 characters with 60 trait points because they used level farming to help their kin asap with raiding.

Minas Tirith, needed for Old Anorien deeds is a horrible experience for a lot of players. Poorly optimized area (and Pelennor fields) with no relief in sight because it's ancient content and yet every player was forced through it until they gave more points in the game than usable and you elected to skip them but not skip others.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast