We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary Items level

This might sound like a noob question. But I'm wondering how to reforge my Legendary Items so they are my level and they aren't coming up in the reforge NPC menu. Do I need to barter for new legendary items? Seems like it's a one time reforge chance when you barter for a level 45 LI.

Nvm I went to Rivendell to barter for new LI's when I decided to check the reforge option first and sure enough I was able to reforge them.... seems like this is the onlly place that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Anax_Basileus View Post
    This might sound like a noob question. But I'm wondering how to reforge my Legendary Items so they are my level and they aren't coming up in the reforge NPC menu. Do I need to barter for new legendary items? Seems like it's a one time reforge chance when you barter for a level 45 LI.
    you Reforge your Legendary items every 5 levels so 51, 56, 61, 66, 71 and so on. you don't barter for new Legendary item what you get you keep forever now, just need reforge every 5 levels and later need upgrade and get new traceries once the old ones reach their cap.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

4. Apr 05 2023, 07:49 PM

Reforge every 5 levels. So starting from 51 level, you need reforge at 56, 61...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    you Reforge your Legendary items every 5 levels so 51, 56, 61, 66, 71 and so on. you don't barter for new Legendary item what you get you keep forever now, just need reforge every 5 levels and later need upgrade and get new traceries once the old ones reach their cap.
    I was wondering about that. OK Thanks Good to know.

It is easy to miss but SSG does mention that you can reforge every 5 levels.
    It's in the small text on the reforge UI iirc.

SSG, you should consider making things easier to notice.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Some of the above information is not quite right. It tends to be on levels ending in 1 or 6 but there are several exceptions. So if reforge doesn't work at a 1 or 6 level it just may be one of the relatively few exceptions to the rule.

And Lotro-Wiki on Legendary Items really helps!

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Item

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    It is easy to miss but SSG does mention that you can reforge every 5 levels.
    It's in the small text on the reforge UI iirc.

SSG, you should consider making things easier to notice.
    Yes, it would be nice to get some sort of in game notice from SSG rather than searching the web to find out something needs to be done to the weapon. We used to be able to see the need to reforge on the old LI panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuredil View Post
    And Lotro-Wiki on Legendary Items really helps!

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Item
    this is quite useful but I already know enough about the new system and how it works just couldn't figure out why I couldn't reforge my LI's

this is quite useful but I already know enough about the new system and how it works just couldn't figure out why I couldn't reforge my LI's
    When the revamp first came out, there were so many people who were just... stuck. There were people who didn't realize that there was no reforging at level 51 since the legendary process technically starts there. There were ones who struggled not knowing they had to remove both their old legendary items first before equipping a new one. I lost count the number of times people simply didn't have enough money to reforge. So troubleshooting "why can't I reforge" can be a real nightmare since it covers so many aspects. I still have to explain to some why the item level hasn't reached 499.

Thankfully, the official guide covers the basics: https://www.lotro.com/guides/lotro-l...vember-2021-en