We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Status Update: Siege!

I know that I have been a little more vocal here, rather than in other forums, and that my focus is solely here - tis is not true, though I am certain that many likely believe that it is.

This week, I wanted to peel the curtain back on where we currently sit with what I suggested might be coming at the outset of the year - Ettenmoors Siege!

Siege! IS NOT:

Big battles.
    Required.

Siege! Is:

The addition of Siegecraft.
    A new way to take Lugazag, Tirith Rhaw, and Tol Ascarnen
    A way to make the battles at these locations more dynamic.
    A way to further reduce the number of NPCs at these locations.
    A way to allow you, the players, to drive more of the action at these locations.

Siege! Overview

Defenders

To start with, new quests will open at Tirith Rhaw, Lugazag, and Tol Ascarnen at the outset of some future update. These quests will use items readily found throughout the Ettenmoors to fuel the fires that create the doors that bar access into the inner portions of the locales. By completing an initial quest, players or monster players will place a gate at the entrance to the tower or keep. For TR and Lug, this means that we will be blocking the main entry way. For Tol Ascarnen, there are a few areas where you can push through and each of these are covered by the quest to fortify the outer courtyard. A second quest, allows you to put a door up within the inner bounds of the tower or keep. Once a door is constructed, there are three other quests that can be completed to further reinforce the doors and slow down progress into the tower or keep. Each of these requires materials, again, found in the Ettenmoors.

There are a number of hotspots, in and around the tower or keep, previously occupied by archers. These hotspots allow the assembly of siege equipment (more on this later) at these specific locations denoted by a glowing reticle on the ground/structure where they can be placed. These glow white for the players and red for the monster players.

Only one siege machine can be placed on a single location.

Unlike big battles, these siege machines are summon and then forget. They act autonomously and require nothing of their summoner once they are placed into the game world. They will seek out valid targets and begin assaulting them as they see fit.

We rid ourselves of the concept of having a back door teleport into the towers and keeps. Rather, the side of the battle that currently controls the tower or keep will be able to freely enter and exit the door way. They cannot cast spells through the doors, but moving in and out is possible.

Attackers

Attackers, like defenders, have specific locations where they can deploy siege machines. These locations just the same as the defender's siege deploy locations. In the field, attackers can deploy might catapults that heave fiery rocks toward the enemies. At the doorways, attackers deploy mighty battering rams that tear through the doorways and expose the next layer of the battle to the attackers.

Attackers and defenders can always assist their siege machinery without fear of getting hurt. Your enemy's attacking siege, on the other hand, well...that's going to leave a mark.

What is the siege equipment?

Ballista

Deployed above the battlefield, the ballista is loaded with large single bolts meant to destroy other siege equipment first, and then look for tasty monster player or player targets next. The damage output from these weapons is considerable, but mostly a deterrent. The range on the ballista is very, very, long.

Currently, there is only one variant of the ballista that can be assembled.

Catapult

Deployed on the battlefield at greater distance, the catapult heaves giant flaming boulders at targets surrounding the towers and keeps. Primarily, the catapult will target other siege weapons first, then guards, then players. The attack will land on the single target and explode outward dealing more damage to targets surrounding that target so that none are truly safe from the catapult blast.

Currently, there is only one variant of the catapult that can be assembled.

Battering Ram

Deployed at the doors, these specialized war machines are meant for one thing and one thing only, breaking down the doors that slow progress. The Battering Ram only ever targets the doors that stand before it.

Currently, there is only one variant of the battering ram that can be assembled.

Getting the goodies!

To participate in summoning the siege weapons players will purchase schematics using commendations. Schematics stack up to five times and allow the player to summon the aligned siege weapon at a location on the battlefield.

Currently, the schematics are only available through commendations.

Siege! When?

No definitive release is set yet, but we are hoping to bring early testing of this new mechanic in the Ettenmoors to an earlier Bullroarer! Even if the final implementation ends up being held off a little longer.
    Last edited by SSG_Orion; Apr 07 2023 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    I know that I have been a little more vocal here, rather than in other forums, and that is because my focus is solely here - though I am certain that many likely believe that it is.

This week, I wanted to peel the curtain back on where we currently sit with what I suggested might be coming at the outset of the year - Ettenmoors Siege!

Siege! IS NOT:

Big battles.
    Required.

Siege! Is:

A way to allow you, the players, to drive more of the action at these locations.

Siege! Overview

Defenders

To start with, new quests will open at Tirith Rhaw, Lugazag, and Tol Ascarnen at the outset of some future update. These quests will use items readily found throughout the Ettenmoors to fuel the fires that create the doors that bar access into the inner portions of the locales. By completing an initial quest, players or monster players will place a gate at the entrance to the tower or keep. For TR and Lug, this means that we will be blocking the main entry way. For Tol Ascarnen, there are a few areas where you can push through and each of these are covered by the quest to fortify the outer courtyard. A second quest, allows you to put a door up within the inner bounds of the tower or keep. Once a door is constructed, there are three other quests that can be completed to further reinforce the doors and slow down progress into the tower or keep. Each of these requires materials, again, found in the Ettenmoors.

There are a number of hotspots, in and around the tower or keep, previously occupied by archers. These hotspots allow the assembly of siege equipment (more on this later) at these specific locations denoted by a glowing reticle on the ground/structure where they can be placed. These glow white for the players and red for the monster players.

Unlike big battles, these siege machines are summon and then forget. They act autonomously and require nothing of their summoner once they are placed into the game world. They will seek out valid targets and begin assaulting them as they see fit.

We rid ourselves of the concept of having a back door teleport into the towers and keeps. Rather, the side of the battle that currently controls the tower or keep will be able to freely enter and exit the door way. They cannot cast spells through the doors, but moving in and out is possible.

Attackers

Attackers, like defenders, have specific locations where they can deploy siege machines. These locations just the same as the defender's siege deploy locations. In the field, attackers can deploy might catapults that heave fiery rocks toward the enemies. At the doorways, attackers deploy mighty battering rams that tear through the doorways and expose the next layer of the battle to the attackers.

Attackers and defenders can always assist their siege machinery without fear of getting hurt. Your enemy's attacking siege, on the other hand, well...that's going to leave a mark.

Ballista

Deployed above the battlefield, the ballista is loaded with large single bolts meant to destroy other siege equipment first, and then look for tasty monster player or player targets next. The damage output from these weapons is considerable, but mostly a deterrent. The range on the ballista is very, very, long.

Catapult

Deployed on the battlefield at greater distance, the catapult heaves giant flaming boulders at targets surrounding the towers and keeps. Primarily, the catapult will target other siege weapons first, then guards, then players. The attack will land on the single target and explode outward dealing more damage to targets surrounding that target so that none are truly safe from the catapult blast.

Battering Ram

Deployed at the doors, these specialized war machines are meant for one thing and one thing only, breaking down the doors that slow progress. The Battering Ram only ever targets the doors that stand before it.

Currently, there is only one variant of the battering ram that can be assembled.

Getting the goodies!

To participate in summoning the siege weapons players will purchase schematics using commendations. Schematics stack up to five times and allow the player to summon the aligned siege weapon at a location on the battlefield.

Siege! When?

No definitive release is set yet, but we are hoping to bring early testing of this new mechanic in the Ettenmoors to an earlier Bullroarer! Even if the final implementation ends up being held off a little longer.
    Why on earth do you think that introducing pve to a PvP zone is going to interest anyone ? Seriously the time and effort you are putting into this could be better spent elsewhere ie balance . Do what you set out to do and promised . You haven’t touched balance yet seem obsessed with PVE that isn’t wanted , was never asked for and just won’t work . It will end up like OSg , a complete and utter failure . Please start listening to the people who actually PvP , we are there to escape the monotonous grind that is pve . It’s like working all day and coming home to more work. We are not there to lay siege to anything .

Ps stop nerfing creeps unless you truly do want to create a new pve zone just to satisfy the hordes of Freep kids that play fotm op classes

Quote Originally Posted by dickdastardly View Post
    why on earth do you think that introducing pve to a pvp zone is going to interest anyone ? Seriously the time and effort you are putting into this could be better spent elsewhere ie balance . Do what you set out to do and promised . You haven’t touched balance yet seem obsessed with pve that isn’t wanted , was never asked for and just won’t work . It will end up like osg , a complete and utter failure . Please start listening to the people who actually pvp , we are there to escape the monotonous grind that is pve . It’s like working all day and coming home to more work. We are not there to lay siege to anything .

Ps stop nerfing creeps unless you truly do want to create a new pve zone just to satisfy the hordes of freep kids that play fotm op classes
    exactly!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
    Why on earth do you think that introducing pve to a PvP zone is going to interest anyone ? Seriously the time and effort you are putting into this could be better spent elsewhere ie balance . Do what you set out to do and promised . You haven’t touched balance yet seem obsessed with PVE that isn’t wanted , was never asked for and just won’t work . It will end up like OSg , a complete and utter failure . Please start listening to the people who actually PvP , we are there to escape the monotonous grind that is pve . It’s like working all day and coming home to more work. We are not there to lay siege to anything .

Ps stop nerfing creeps unless you truly do want to create a new pve zone just to satisfy the hordes of Freep kids that play fotm op classes
    Hi there! Not really sure what you are going on about. We're culling the number of defenders - which are currently NPCs and giving more autonomony and control to the players. Also, we've been dutifully working on balance and are at a point where creeps are actually a smidge tougher, in some situations, than some of the freeps. Maybe you ought to visit the 'moors and see these changes for yourself. Now, I will not say that we are perfect yet, because we are not, and the likelihood that we ever will be is pretty low - but, we have made some pretty significant strides in getting to a better balance betweem free peoples and the army of Angmar.

Of course, you are welcome to your opinions, and your feedback, like all feedback, will be reviewed and weighed against the overall feedback that we receive.

everything you post always sounds so exciting and interesting,

unfortunately, my play experience lately is log in, lag out, log off.

its hard to play in the style of fast paced hard hitting pvp, which seems like the direction you want to go, when my skills dont go off, i freeze in one spot for literally seconds, and or just disconnect from chat server causing a crash.

its not really fun engaging pvp, its an exercise in frustration.

add in the rampant FoTM toon rotation and balance that seems to jump all over the place and frankly i'd rather do something else.

still a fan of lotro tho and i look forward to you ironing some of these problems out so i can enjoy pvmp again!

Mortem Tyrannis

Question I don't understand

I know that I have been a little more vocal here, rather than in other forums, and that is because my focus is solely here - though I am certain that many likely believe that it is.
    I've read that five times and I still don't know what it is you are saying. Or attempting to say.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    I've read that five times and I still don't know what it is you are saying. Or attempting to say.
    Fixed it, I simply typed it too quickly. Just suggesting that I post here a lot, but my focus is not solely here.

Couple questions altho this looks interesting:

1. Are other siege the only way to take down siege? Or is there a "time limit" or "direct attack by Player" to take out siege?

2. Catapults vs. Guards, How do you expect guards to respond? "Stand still and do nothing", "Go after siege", or "Panic/ Fear effect"?
    Footman Ryvick DonHuntstead 120 Guardian

Officer of Baruk Khazad

Arkenstone Server

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvick View Post
    1. Are other siege the only way to take down siege? Or is there a "time limit" or "direct attack by Player" to take out siege?
    Players can freely attack the siege equipment that is deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvick View Post
    2. Catapults vs. Guards, How do you expect guards to respond? "Stand still and do nothing", "Go after siege", or "Panic/ Fear effect"?
    Guards will respond and attack, provided that they can. Also, I did mention, the number of guards in these locations will be greatly diminished to accommodate the use of siege in their stead.

4 Maybe you ought to visit the 'moors and see these changes for yourself.

I do visit the moors every day on creepside. The Map shared CDs share a part of the problem, the stupid march change shares a part of the problem, the allowed constant rank farming is part of the problem since SSG allows multiple accounts to log in at one time and SSG ignores the reports, even the Grodis fight is the most boring fight, just another tank and spank, could have at least created phased drake spawns at certain health points (probably worded that wrong but I am sure you understood), and if you really think that all this work that is being done to create siege weapons is going to work then maybe you should visit the moors more often. Some people may waste their comms for them, but I know most won't since on creepside with spend more comms for audacity then freeps, plus our skills and traits and all our pots. I would like to see you make a create a creep on a real server without your GM magic and play the game without anyone knowing who you are. Visit the real moors. At that point of you doing this, then come back and insult an active creep player by telling him that he ought to visit the moors and see the changes. We have seen the changes...Now you go see the changes in real time. And while I am at it, you gave freeps a 1-minute map for tutorial quest, are you planning on removing the 30 min map since they don't share CD.
    Last edited by CarenC; Apr 08 2023 at 07:35 PM.

I know that I have been a little more vocal here, rather than in other forums, and that my focus is solely here - tis is not true, though I am certain that many likely believe that it is.

Siege! IS NOT:

Big battles.
    Required.

Siege! Is:

Siege! Overview

Defenders

Attackers

Ballista

Catapult

Battering Ram

Getting the goodies!

Siege! When?

Sounds like curious changes Orion. However there is one thing holding me back and probably several others from going to the moors.

The excessive amount of commandations you need for a full set of armor and jewellery. In theory you need around ~100k+ commandations to gain a full set. In amounts of renown thats about rank 8 or 9 to obtain a full set for 1 character.

Is there any chance on making audacity armor bound to account or any chance of gaining more commandations through other means?

Remove Luga and Tirith Raw
    Remove the Outposts
    boring mecanic that only helps Freeps to do more dmg or in some cases rvrs on creep side, freeps try to flip them prior to fighting they are faster than creeps in movment arround the map and in flipping the Outposts
    they add no value - "Outpost flipping meta" is dull and boring

whats the point then ? freeps depoly on a dead server some sieges arround the map wait and flip the keep, then switch to Mp´s and do it again
    or watch the Catapult or balista shoot a door ?!
    what pvp is this ?

sounds like a [expletive deleted] wont even look nice with all this, what next layer of battle ?!
    freeps spancamp graveyards, as soon as they can. More Range and all freep classes can stelth or sprint away from fights they dont like whats the point here ?!

again, why should i do this ?!? to watch a catapult do its job?!
    what if burgs destroy my equimpent and vansih ?! or some hunter or mini with its 50m range attacks destroys them ? i dont even see them render or shooting form that far. Or a LM sends his pet he can summon during battle not like spider pets
    how do i get the commendations back ?!
    what is this ?!

i know sometimes its hard for a creator to drop an idea and start all over but hey your the boss here
    all i can say is leave the pve out of a pvp zone and pls do a topic "Balance" first
    then maybe add a instance cluster for creeps if you really like pve that much freeps have 140 lvls of pve and 100 instances to do, soon even more with the lv150 cap where they can clap lv150 mobs that are stonger that Mordor ( sick Lore )

Ultimately, the goal should be to provide a balanced and engaging experience for all players, regardless of their faction or playstyle.

and add more Creep classes first, we do not need Ballistas or Catapults we can watch while they do their "thing"

make Open Field battles more fun!!!
    just tell me one siege from history that was more exiting than a battle on the field ????
    Last edited by SSG_Orion; Apr 08 2023 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Foul language removed from post

one more thing

Inivite Raid Leaders form different servers and LISTEN TO THEM
    see what these ppl have to say since they are the one witch organise the grps and make the game actually fun to play.

talk to them invite them on a discord and have a OPEN disscussion
    learn what ppl really want from you.

We rid ourselves of the concept of having a back door teleport into the towers and keeps. Rather, the side of the battle that currently controls the tower or keep will be able to freely enter and exit the door way
    Getting rid of the backdoor was good to prevent chicken playstyle (run out, aoe, run back in), and now you bring the same option back in? Once again this will result in defensive and static action just like Grams and GV camping.

I dont see how this will benefit pvp at all.

Besides, Ettenmoors is a pvp area, pvp loving players are not looking for more pve there.
    The end is here, the ring is gone. I could not help it . . .

i kind of like the idea of making the fights around keeps more dynamic.

can defenders can sally forth to attack siege machines, or attackers can defend the siege machines?

possibly the destruction of machines could have a small comm reward or something?

the pve side of it seems trivial tbh, not some pve grind like in the civilian world.

sure some things in this game drive me nuts but like that crazy sexy ex GF, the one that you know is bad for you and will somehow piss you off again, i just cant seem to stay away.

Mortem Tyrannis

That sounds like pvp from Age of Conan or TESO. Basically such idea can be natural upgrade from functions what we already have with Lugazag, Tirith Rhaw, and Tol Ascarnen

Some questions:

1)Focusing on this 3 keeps can spread people in different places and they don't meet in on place to create a lot of lags. BUT. We need good enough motivation to actually want to siege that keeps. Natural way to that will be buffing quests to kill Tyrans/Captain-Generals in terms of reward, right?

2)What happens with Ost Ringdyr and Dâr-gazag? Can we siege them in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by CarenC View Post
    I do visit the moors every day on creepside. The Map shared CDs share a part of the problem, the stupid march change shares a part of the problem, the allowed constant rank farming is part of the problem since SSG allows multiple accounts to log in at one time and SSG ignores the reports, even the Grodis fight is the most boring fight, just another tank and spank, could have at least created phased drake spawns at certain health points (probably worded that wrong but I am sure you understood), and if you really think that all this work that is being done to create siege weapons is going to work then maybe you should visit the moors more often. Some people may waste their comms for them, but I know most won't since on creepside with spend more comms for audacity then freeps, plus our skills and traits and all our pots. I would like to see you make a create a creep on a real server without your GM magic and play the game without anyone knowing who you are. Visit the real moors. At that point of you doing this, then come back and insult an active creep player by telling him that he ought to visit the moors and see the changes. We have seen the changes...Now you go see the changes in real time. And while I am at it, you gave freeps a 1-minute map for tutorial quest, are you planning on removing the 5 min map since they don't share CD.
    It's definitely funny that you are essentially calling him stupid when you don't even know what the CD of the freep map is. There's a lot of inane babble in your post that I could address but it really boils down to one problem:
    Skill issue.

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post
    It's definitely funny that you are essentially calling him stupid when you don't even know what the CD of the freep map is. There's a lot of inane babble in your post that I could address but it really boils down to one problem:
    Skill issue.
    I stand corrected. now freeps have the 1-minute map skill to GV and a 30 min map to GV that still doesn't share the same CD.Not calling anyone stupid, so go back and reread the post.

Stuff
    Looks cool.

Fix the lag first.

Bannerman, r13 War-Leader/ Ryzer, r13 Captain
    Arkenstone

Disarm, Creep sustain, and other happy little accidents.

Hiya, Orion, Onn, whichever really. Just wanted to bring up a few glaring issues I've had with this update as a whole. All these changes and we've still not seen a nerf to what could possibly be the most oppressive skill currently on creepside at the moment, with no real counter other than buying immunity from the store. Reaver Disarm. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. This skill is a more effective CC effect in groups and solo play than even modern Lore-master Crowd control, if that doesn't say enough, I don't know what will. It's completely useless against some classes, but for the ones that it is, it is truly the most frustrating thing in the entire world to fight, and just ruins any enjoyment you might find out of fighting a Reaver, combined with Blade toss being a 100% uptime 40% slow that is also a knockdown, you spend 80% of the fight on the ground or grey barred and unable to do anything. A super easy quick fix to this would be to just remove the BT knockdown, and make disarm unaffected by upper hand's CD reduction.

Onto Creep sustain. i think we all know just how strong creep healing is right now, with some fights stretching on for minutes even in a glass build(Dps defiler for example) maybe this is just because of the Mastery bug, which hopefully this changes if that ever gets fixed, combined with the audacity bug, creep healers can take up to 6-8 people just to kill a single defiler, which is ludicrous. I know a single freep shouldn't be able to kill a healer, but needing an entire fellowship to kill one is just stupid. Especially with how weak some classes are in terms of DPS right now. The Defiler needs to take a hit to its 1-4 combo of bull####(please give it more to do, let it use its debuffs in healing stance, or add a reward for using something like Constant pain) because it's super easy to play and can make a huge difference even using just two skills. it should not take an entire raid of people to kill 3 just because one defiler decided to show up. Creep sustain as a whole needs to take a hit, Spider, for example, does zero damage but it has loads of healing/tankiness which is just feels bad to play and to fight when the only thing you do is run away and mash Piercing attack every other skill. Defiler is just...wow, Sustaining what can be up to 80k ST HPS in a DPS STANCE isn't even close to what a damage-oriented stance should look like, especially given the fact that even in a glass blessing, it still does no damage for being as squishy as it is. but that's able to be played around, what isn't is the ridiculous healing it has when it's able to run away from most(Captain most egregiously) classes for up to several minutes with zero penalties. it also just sends any induction classes the middle finger with Flies miss chance and Gooey gourds 70% induction speed increase. Creepside(healing defilers, spider, dpsfiler to note some more obvious ones) needs to take a hit because it's one thing to have a little healing to deal with burst, out healing an entire classes kit with one skill is another. Once again, maybe that'll change if the two bugs making creeps so much stronger are fixed, but this is just the current outlook right now, as we've had the Audacity bug in particular for almost a month now(maybe longer) and it doesn't look like it's going to be fixed anytime soon, and that goes for the mastery one as well.

The siege Changes sound interesting, but instead of adding new stuff to balance, I suggest we work on fixing what we already have first.

Onto Dying Rage. This skill having a % heal on hit combined with a 100% parry chance is so ridiculously overpowered I can't even begin to understand why it has this. Using a Dps Defiler for an example, this class has a 35% slow that is a 100% uptime against every single class unless they use an insignia to get rid of it. So the only hope any melee class has of removing it with their corruption removal and therefore preventing the defiler from getting massive amounts of damage and healing, is now literally impossible because they can't stand behind the defiler to avoid the 100% parry chance they get for using it. Combine DR with a morale potion, and slime. It takes the defiler from half health to almost 100% in an instant. It locks almost the entire roster of characters in the entire game from attacking them for 15 seconds, all the while they're getting massive damage and healing the entire time, so if you do get lucky and cleanse it, you have to deal with the defiler back at full health, or sit through it and take all that extra damage. it is a get out of jail free card in almost every single situation it is used, even if it's only up for 3 seconds, that 3 seconds is more than enough to get shot back to full health by the hordes of defilers with the full morale heal every 30 seconds(fell restoration) they just get for existing, or in a solo aspect, you just can't hurt them for 15 seconds while they get to obliterate you.

Here's what I propose for dying rage. get rid of the 100% parry chance, it's dumb and shouldn't be in the game, locking two-thirds of the entire roster of classes in the game from cleansing it is moronic. get rid of the % heal on it as well, as it doesn't need to reward you for using it and then spamming all of your instant cast skills to get your HP back. In return, reduce the max morale removal it has to 30% and reduce its duration to 7 seconds, but make it unable to be removed and unable to be healed during it. it should be a last-ditch effort to win, not an instant win card.

Thanks for reading my wall of text, and thank you for all the work you do.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    Looks cool.

Fix the lag first.
    This. 100% this.

Why is your priority adding things that nobody has asked for in order to enforce your own idea of keeping the moors "fresh" without actually dealing with the main problem that is keeping people away in the first place? Lag. No matter the changes you make if I lag for anywhere from 30seconds to several minutes during a raid vs raid fight to the point where I can't execute any skills and it's a complete slideshow, I'm not going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    This. 100% this.

Why is your priority adding things that nobody has asked for in order to enforce your own idea of keeping the moors "fresh" without actually dealing with the main problem that is keeping people away in the first place? Lag. No matter the changes you make if I lag for anywhere from 30seconds to several minutes during a raid vs raid fight to the point where I can't execute any skills and it's a complete slideshow, I'm not going back.
    I'll hone an even finer point on this:

Instead of identifying the main problem that is keeping people away (lag) and implementing targeted solutions in order to minimize the generation and exposure to lag or lag-inducing situations, we see a swing into large-scale giga-zerg fights with these changes to Siege and Gordoris.

The new designs keep pushing everyone to consolidate into bigger and bigger groups in smaller and smaller locations... while the rest of the map remains a ghost town.

I'm going to make a guess and say that Orion is looking at this from an inclusion standpoint.... the bigger the fight the more "inclusive" it is because the less people's individual contributions matter to the outcome... but he fails to take into account that giga lagouts exclude EVERYONE from fights and that a nonzero number of people would like to partake in fights where their contribution feels relevant and influences outcomes.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

I don't play PvP anywhere, because - well it is by far not my cup of tea.

But I also note the dissatisfaction of the people here (don't know whom they are representative of). Someone mentioned how the Osgiliath map is dead, and that one gave me an idea. If you want to implement the siege mechanics, how about trying it there? So that people will have their familiar fortress flipping in the Ettenmoors, and the siege mechanics on this river island. Both sides would be happy, or at least I believe so, not being experienced in all that.

Also, if I think of my experiences with the first skirmish in the Southern Mirkwood, where you have to run to and fro those spots with the catapults, or the difficulties evading the orange circles laid down by war mumakil in East Gondor or Anor... this could cause new imbalances. Not all freep classes run or ride at the same speed. Some also don't have enough ranged damage skills, and might because of that be excluded from the raid, instead of being included. Does your plan have room for a burglar? And if yes, how effective will the attacks from stealth be? Too weak, and no one wants them. Too strong, and the Creeps will complain left and right. Will stealthed Creeps be effective against siege machinery, rendering the mechanics useless and turning the Ettenmoors into a wasteland again? Or will the machines be invulnerable? How long are they supposed to exist on the battlefield?

This topic is a minefield.

Another thing: there is the issue with the raid/siege size itself. Make it a small fellowship, and it becomes absurd. Make it large, and there will never be a raid, because all possible players are already busy doing these missions and whatnot. When it comes to group forming, the game is standing on its own feet. I already have trouble to do all of the landscape content on a freep, without PvP; and thus even less time for a siege. Just look at the Roving Threats on Belegaer. The only ones that are still run, are those in the Wastelands where you can do them in one convenient round instead of having to leg over vast distances in each part of Gondor, especially if you have to first check up to five possible locations of each single RT (and the one near the waterfall in Southern Mirkwood is still bugged). If the sieges take as long as the Epic Battles, they will just become another part of the game that is void like a ghost town.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Hi there! Not really sure what you are going on about. We're culling the number of defenders - which are currently NPCs and giving more autonomony and control to the players. Also, we've been dutifully working on balance and are at a point where creeps are actually a smidge tougher, in some situations, than some of the freeps. Maybe you ought to visit the 'moors and see these changes for yourself. Now, I will not say that we are perfect yet, because we are not, and the likelihood that we ever will be is pretty low - but, we have made some pretty significant strides in getting to a better balance betweem free peoples and the army of Angmar.

Of course, you are welcome to your opinions, and your feedback, like all feedback, will be reviewed and weighed against the overall feedback that we receive.
    You haven’t done any balance . This is a joke . You know precisely what I mean .

List the “balancing” changes that you have made to each creep class . Set them out with full particularity . We are all laughing our socks off . To try and claim that creeps are even a smidge tougher is even more laughable . Do you actually go in the moors as a creep ?