We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The ending of Sarch Vorn, the Black Grave - Major Story Spoilers !

I am curious about the fate of Hithrengor - the Grey Fear as compared with that of Saruman and Sauron, at least in the books. Both Saruman and Sauron, fallen Maia, are denied the right to return to Valinor upon their deaths, but Hithrengor is summoned back by Mandos. Granted there is a lot of backstory that has not yet been revealed - why was Hithrengor in Middle Earth? Why did he feel that Mandos had abandoned him? Still, what we know now doesn't seem to make Hithrengor a sympathetic character.

My first thought was he got captured during the big big battle and overthrow of Morgoth, and then everyone just left and forgot about him, but it doesn't exactly sit right since Sauron and probably other Morgoth lieutenants (those worthy of the "Enemy" title anyway) would sit quietly afterwards, in hiding. So maybe it was earlier, OR - later, for some reason. Since he did mention the Witch-king helped him out and that would be much later.

Also, if he could have just been summoned back, makes me wonder why he wasn't, a long time ago. As for the current timeline, judged by his resistance to abandon Amondir's body, I guess he didn't want to do that because it was his safe space from being summoned back? It was also interesting how he needed these souls from Carn Dum's pits to keep going after years of being asleep and whatever that meant.

Well, I did enjoy that one, we definitely need more of those lesser Maia beings like the Huntsman and Hithrengor In some main main stories maybe. There is entire South and East to explore...
    Last edited by TesalionLortus; Apr 07 2023 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    Well, I did enjoy that one, we definitely need more of those lesser Maia beings like the Huntsman and Hithrengor In some main main stories maybe. There is entire South and East to explore...
    And the Servant of the First Crafter in Gloomingtarn!

But aye, hear hear- I enjoy seeing stuff like that. Quite nifty.