We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Let Fly question

Hi,

I'm a guardian and have the ability Let Fly which says 35 - 49 ranged damage. I also note when I right click an enemy I will shoot my bow at them. Does anyone know if the Let Fly ability does more damage or is it just the same ability as when I right click an target? I've been trying to watch the damage but can't see a clear difference.

Thanks
    Don't hate me cause I'm a hobbit! :)

Let Fly’s damage is roughly the same as an autoattack. (If someone else wants to chime in with exact numbers, have at it.) It does, however, have a longer range than an autoattack. On the downside, it has an induction time and therefore can’t be used while moving; and it costs a little Power.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD212 View Post
    Hi,

I'm a guardian and have the ability Let Fly which says 35 - 49 ranged damage. I also note when I right click an enemy I will shoot my bow at them. Does anyone know if the Let Fly ability does more damage or is it just the same ability as when I right click an target? I've been trying to watch the damage but can't see a clear difference.

Thanks

Dont bother with this skill. Never uesed it as guard.
    Bind your autoatack to F key, use it for soft pulls.
    Smoother, faster.

Let it fly does about double the auto-attack damage. Due to the cool-down, I usually just use it as a first attack, auto shoot until the enemy reaches me, then hit it with my sword until it falls.

Completely useless skill. I suggest it be replaced with another more useful, for example with a boost range damage.
    Otherwise it could significantly reduce cooldown and remove induction so that it's not interrupted.
    Finally, let Lotro show some generosity to its players.

Its purpose is ranged pulling/tagging and it works perfectly for that.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

So it has a purpose? Tell me they read that in Tolkien's books too.

I usually pull with Fray the Edge on landscape, it has more range but zero damage, although the tiny amount of ranged damage that guards do is hardly worth taking into consideration. One exception is in delvings were mobs have the adaption buff, I bow pull so the mob has adapted to ranged damage and I do more DPS with melee.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers