We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Foreclosure

Foreclosure

Greetings All,
    Although I have been in game since SOA I've only recently got into the Housing/Deco part of things and have a quick question about FORECLOSURE. There is an abode near my Kin house that I'm interested in which is locked due to the rent not being paid and the Wiki states the foreclosure process takes about four months should the current owner not return. What I would like to know is, Is there an NPC somewhere that I can visit to find out how far along the process is on this particular house ? I.E can I put the address details in and it shows there is say seven days before the property is free'd up ?

Regards
    Guy

I don't think you can check on someone else's foreclosure. You could try contacting the owner of the house assuming they are still playing the game. When you approach the house and the name of the owner pops up, write it down, add them to your friends list to see if they've been online recently. Send them a letter or a text and see if they are willing to give up the house and you might get it immediately. Other than that, you'll probably have to wait it out. If you choose to wait it out, I'd recommend putting an alt you rarely or never use on the street where the for sale sign will pop up and check in as early in the day as possible whenever you log on.

Also, if you do add the owner of the house to your friends list and they haven't logged on in a while, you'd have an idea of when the house might be available if they've been gone for a month or more. Granted, they probably paid for a number of weeks ahead of time and they might have been playing on alts so it's a stretch but you never know.
    Last edited by anon3225; Apr 08 2023 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon3225 View Post
    I don't think you can check on someone else's foreclosure. You could try contacting the owner of the house assuming they are still playing the game. When you approach the house and the name of the owner pops up, write it down, add them to your friends list to see if they've been online recently. Send them a letter or a text and see if they are willing to give up the house and you might get it immediately. Other than that, you'll probably have to wait it out. If you choose to wait it out, I'd recommend putting an alt you rarely or never use on the street where the for sale sign will pop up and check in as early in the day as possible whenever you log on.

Also, if you do add the owner of the house to your friends list and they haven't logged on in a while, you'd have an idea of when the house might be available if they've been gone for a month or more. Granted, they probably paid for a number of weeks ahead of time and they might have been playing on alts so it's a stretch but you never know.
    Thanks for your reply, yea i've already done what you have suggested except the letter part, the player has not been on since january so i'll play the waiting game.
    Regards

If you never pay for house and your kin lose their kin house, kin leader can buy new house. Until that moment, all stuff from house will be used by kin leader from Escrow Shared Vault from any Vault NPC