We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Delving stone repurchasing.

The delving missions are quite fun! You seriously need to reconsider though; that when the server boots you from the game while doing one of the delving missions you are now required to purchase a bag of coins (up to 10 gold) so you can get the corresponding stone again. Anytime you lose link it is considered a failure and must repurchase the stone even if it is through no fault of the player! Please just switch this procedure to the old way of repairing the stone to continue with a delving mission. It just seems ridiculous to penalize players for something that is completely out of their control!

The entire stone system is rather lame.
    I have said it before and will repeat it. I would have loved being in that meeting, when they decided to go for these stones and see their arguments for implementing it.

- Any regards or worries that the players will need to set aside 8-10 slots in their inventory for this?
    Sombody must have asked this question at the meeting? The reply/argument would be very interesting to hear.
    (yeah I know its fewer stones now, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by emmettf1 View Post
    The delving missions are quite fun! You seriously need to reconsider though; that when the server boots you from the game while doing one of the delving missions you are now required to purchase a bag of coins (up to 10 gold) so you can get the corresponding stone again. Anytime you lose link it is considered a failure and must repurchase the stone even if it is through no fault of the player! Please just switch this procedure to the old way of repairing the stone to continue with a delving mission. It just seems ridiculous to penalize players for something that is completely out of their control!
    When you do the last tier of your stone limit/max you get 2 stones as reward. One for the curent tier of deling and one for the next. So keep your lower tier stone on inv. If you get kicked from t7 /for any reason/ you stil have your tier 6 stone. Finish tier 6 and you get t6 and t7+ stone as reward. Simple.
    No i dont like the stone systeam at all. The prev version was way better imo, but we have what we have. Adapt.

It's better with fewer stones, but I'm still not sure stones are necessary.

One thing that I do like about the stones is if I choose a delving that seems like too much of a challenge, I have to weigh whether it's worth it to quit and buy a new stone, or struggle to overcome the difficulty. Otherwise I'm not sure what's good about them.

I don't understand why delvings require stones at all.
    Why couldn't they be free entry like any other mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    I don't understand why delvings require stones at all.
    Why couldn't they be free entry like any other mission?
    Because they not working like other missions. Without devling stone you will have just normal mission without additional buffs and rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Because they not working like other missions. Without devling stone you will have just normal mission without additional buffs and rewards
    The stone inside the mission should just list all 12 tiers, players picks one to accept quest, then click stone to enter their chosen tier. Simple and logical. For normal mission, just avoid interacting with stone.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

I had the joy of finally trying the delvings for the first time yesterday with a friend. We started at T1 and progressed to T10. While he walked away with a couple pieces of gear, I walked away with the silly stones filling my bags. I guess they could be considered souvenirs or consolation prizes. On a positive note, the highlight drop I received was some obsolete crafting mats. Great reward system.

The stones just take up space for no good reason that I can see. I see no useful purpose to forcing us to store them unless they plan to sell carryalls for the stones in the future. Maybe add the stones to the barter wallet? Maybe once you use a stone to open a tier the stone is no longer required? Maybe let us customize the stones and turn them into pet rocks?

Now we have just 4 delving gems instead of 12, and people still complain...

LOL, 4 too many to stick in a backpack or vault and forget about. Their purpose is a mystery to me.

It's not a complaint, 4 is much better. It's just that these stones aren't needed - at all. Inventory management is difficult enough without adding things needlessly. It's more interactions with NPC's too, which means more server work, more lag.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

That's why the legendary servers have a NPC at the intro areas, so you can select your difficulty.
    I fail to see why that cannot replicated for delvings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    That's why the legendary servers have a NPC at the intro areas, so you can select your difficulty.
    I fail to see why that cannot replicated for delvings.
    Because difficulty working in any location, but devling missions working only in Cardolan, Swanfleet, School and Library?

And delving have better way to adjust difficulty as you want. You can set any tier depending on what class you use, what malice you have and what mission goals you have