We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Various bugs associated with the Avatar Update. UPDATED FOR U35.1.1.

Here is a compiled list of various bugs from the Avatar Update.
    UPDATED FOR U35.1.1.
    Green = fixed!
    red = not fixed!
    Yellow = update to the bug information (not everything is fixed)

Animation bugs
    -Riding animation looks off on all mounts, character is always looking down.
    -When your character is in an animation while you dismount, your character is locked in this animation. This includes most static emotes and animations such as falling off your mount, jumping or force stopping on warsteeds.
    -Warsteed riding animation is too fast, it's similar to when you are mouse turning while moving.
    -There's still a slight delay from when the animation plays and when the hits register on human form animations for Beornings and various other animations on classes.
    -There is a significant delay on attack animation and combat speed for Man Brawler's set up skills there's still animation discrepancies throughout different classes
    -When using a 'mood' emote, the face seems to change position slightly away from the head. You can notice this clearer on certain emotes.Moods and face expressions are ridiculously exaggerated
    -Idle face animations do not play on female Beornings
    -Combat running animations and various other combat animations cause the player's face to warp.
    New bug: Dance_man3 on female characters causes their jaw to shoot up through their head.

-Skin tones are weirdly affected by lighting, the barber lighting is different than world lighting.
    -A few heads make eyes look too wide and weird. Like they're sunken into the head too much. Head 1 is a bad offender here.
    -No matter your changes in game, it doesn't seem to accurately display on the character creation panel. Jaw, cheek and chin positioning doesn't seem to update.
    -With per pixel lighting, your face now becomes a metallic light reflector.
    -The skin tone and hair colour palette does not accurately match the colour displayed. might just be lighting
    -If your skin tone is not on the new skin palette and you apply any change, you are completely unable to get that skin tone back.
    Sliders reset when you confirm changes, making it very hard to finetune a character.

Barber bugs.
    -There's a fee for confirming changes even when there is no change.

Cosmetic bugs.
    -There's several cosmetics that have had their dyes and textures affected by this change. I won't list them all here, that'll be too long. not all taken care of, but some things have been fixed.

miscellaneous bugs
    -Fingerless gloves are more like fingertip gloves on other races. Various cosmetics that show skin can still appear very broken.
    -Necks on all races have been changed and do not fit well on various races.
    -Hands and feet are discoloured and there's bad shading on the underside of these areas. Could just be the new texture choice. Discolouration is still an issue. Also if you use the footwrap cosmetic it completely bugs the texture of the feet, something's not working right here.
    -The cleavage area for female characters are bugged and creates visual issues with dresses. the gap in dresses still exists on some dresses such as the picnic dress, but cleavage is restored!
    -Shields and cloaks have wrong positioning, some cloaks are positioned several feet besides the character. Many more clipping and texture issues than just a few cosmetics.
    -No face expressions while doing emotes, also applies to combat animations such as shouts. expressions are now overexaggerated and mouths appear too big..
    -Some cloaks without hoods now have hoods, you can put a helmet on at the same time and it clips.
    -Hands aren't even positioned correctly on certain races, making them appear to not be exactly connected to the arm.
    -Characters viewed from a distance have missing textures

If anyone else has found any other bugs, please share them so the devs may see it easier.
    Please send in game reports too! They may look at that also!
    Last edited by Askelin; Apr 27 2023 at 01:55 PM. Reason: UPDATED FOR U35.1.1.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

Kinmate (Human Male): complain about his character turns fat in belly side after update, as well as different running and battle animation (guardian)

Cosmetic (Human Male): The "Cloak of the Isengard Dispeller" and "Hooded Cloak of the Isengard Dispeller" are now switched. The non-hooded version shows a hood and the hooded version shows a completely bald head that should have hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladin_Stormblessed View Post
    Cosmetic (Human Male): The "Cloak of the Isengard Dispeller" and "Hooded Cloak of the Isengard Dispeller" are now switched. The non-hooded version shows a hood and the hooded version shows a completely bald head that should have hair.
    Same for Cloak of the Helmingas - cloak changed to hooded cloak

I don't usually gawk at a character's chest area but I also wanted to point this out
    there's no cleavage texture and this has created an awkward visual bug on dresses. Might be related to the same texture bug for various cosmetics idk

The head is out of proportion as well. It seems too small.

A lot of people report race of man characters fall during walking and stuck with that position (Relog fix that)

Straw Hat

I'd like to add that my black straw hat is now white w/ a black rim. I tried going back to the cosmetic panel and reinstalling the hat to see if it would fix it but it didn't. I then tried dying it black again and it said something to the affect that the item is not dyable (?). So yea something happened w/ this update. Oh and btw on the log in screen his hat is also white.

Also want to mention that at the log in screen the body shape of my character has changed but when I logged in w/ him it remain the same as it was before the patch.

Whyyyy was this released with only 1 round of Beta testing and in a completely unfinished state? I love the changes, I love the updates and the new options. But man I have ALL of the bugs listed above. Nothing is working right. Sliders resetting, appearance window not reflecting actual in-game appearance changes (they look fairly diff than what you actually end up with), avatar face isn't even centered in the window.

I get that you guys want to give us more options and I'm very appreciative of that! But man....A MODICUM OF QUALITY TESTING GOES A LONG WAY. Sheesh, this feels like alpha stage still come on now.

-Ods

Quote Originally Posted by Oddessia View Post
    Whyyyy was this released with only 1 round of Beta testing and in a completely unfinished state? I love the changes, I love the updates and the new options. But man I have ALL of the bugs listed above. Nothing is working right. Sliders resetting, appearance window not reflecting actual in-game appearance changes (they look fairly diff than what you actually end up with), avatar face isn't even centered in the window.

I get that you guys want to give us more options and I'm very appreciative of that! But man....A MODICUM OF QUALITY TESTING GOES A LONG WAY. Sheesh, this feels like alpha stage still come on now.

-Ods
    I would be MUCH happier with the old faces hairstyles, but with improved fidelity and graphics. Thanks to all these sliders, the old faces are now gone from the game.

I don't usually gawk at a character's chest area but I also wanted to point this out
    there's no cleavage texture and this has created an awkward visual bug on dresses. Might be related to the same texture bug for various cosmetics idk
    Sadness...
    I guess LOTRO is trying to tell me I should reconsider my femininity

Wonder if they'll even bother to fix this. It's not as glaring as cosmetic items with bugged out textures.

Anatomy issue:

* Males: There's an issue with anatomy above the eyes. I'll try to explain.
    Eyes normally go: eyeball, eyelid, area sloping towards eyebrow, eyebrow (1). But after the update the eyelid anatomy is missing (2). And even worse: the area that slopes up, it doesn't start at the top of the eyelid. It doesn't even start at the top of the eyeball. it starts at the TIPS of the eyelashes.

* Females: Does not have the problem above as far as I could tell. Though they don't seem to have a physical eyelid, only painted on, the area that slopes towards the eyebrow starts from the base of the eyelashes so it looks a lot better.
    Last edited by Silmelin; Apr 19 2023 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Made the image smaller
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

So, my beorning's hands are bugged, or the right one is anyway. She should bare handed, but now her right hand looks like it's got a weird gray film over it, like she's wearing a transparent glove.

Body textures of beornings seem changed as well. Firstly, all of my female beornings had different hairy styles upon log in for some reason. Secondly, the skin looks unnaturally smoother then before, but now most hair styles are clipping to the head. Thirdly, the postures, or rather positions of the body parts are different and it leads to gaps between armor and the body. I especially point at the starting beorning gear, it is something to see...not.

Seriously, SSG, just turn the update off. Put it on BR for several rounds, work on it, adjust the quality, get rid of bugs and textures issues. Add more options, the options people have been actually asking for years.

I appreciate people sharing any visual bugs they come across, but please don't make this thread into an argument or whatever. There is a chance that MAYBE the developers will take this feedback and fix the bugs. It's counterproductive to risk getting the thread deleted over derailing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    So, my beorning's hands are bugged
    I noticed this too. Seems to affect the cosmetics for fingerless gloves. It affects every race too.
    Hands and feet also appear bugged, skin tones don't seem to match well and with this screenshot it does look like a missing texture of sorts.

Cloaks without a hood previously now have a hood, which shows beneath the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Askelin View Post
    I noticed this too. Seems to affect the cosmetics for fingerless gloves. It affects every race too.
    Hands and feet also appear bugged, skin tones don't seem to match well and with this screenshot it does look like a missing texture of sorts.
    My beorning's gloves aren't fingerless, but they are the kind that are basically just a wrist guard only with no fabric over the hand. That style and the fingerless gloves seem to share the same bug.

Edited to add: I just checked my hobbit who is wearing fingerless gloves and she doesn't have the bug! So I don't know what's going on with that.

Hood of the Silent Knife is currently taking on the appearance of whatever chest piece you wear (quite a fun bug imo)

Urdhol-helm causes the extra long forehead.

Lvl130 Heavy Helms erase the neck

Helm of the Erebor Knife / Gambler / Mischief

Erebor Champion class helmets are also broken

Most circlets (Osgiliath, lvl 130 ones, Onodhrim) crop around the head.

And yes, all my fellow ladies cleavages are gone. No matter which chest piece, cosmetic or armor, imo the human model has changed.

And all my beornings, male or female, ride differently.. like the Rohan NPCs when inside a mounted combat instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    Seriously, SSG, just turn the update off. Put it on BR for several rounds, work on it, adjust the quality, get rid of bugs and textures issues. Add more options, the options people have been actually asking for years.
    And the ones actually being used for 16 years.

With this update, we find out what some new things:

Your existing characters remain mostly unchanged, although we have updated some textures to improve their look - that was lie

Race of Men and Beorning female characters combat animations are not working properly - also your beorning looks like Vertical walking bear skin rug because of T-posing

Battle-mask of Rhun is glitched... I spent LP on this and now it looks horrible :/
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

I went swimming with my character and it went lying flat 1m deep in the water the whole time. After coming back on the shore, character still stuck in lying-face-down mode. It will not change in combat or when mounting a horse.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dangraham66 View Post
    Hahahaha! That made my day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast