We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Some of us love the avatar changes!

I logged in my character looked an absolute mess - but then I spent 5 mins at the barber and now he looks even better than before. So thank you; and for every nay sayer there are people that like it. Unhappy people are usually more vocal.

And some of us liked the option to see OWN character and characters in the world in OWN computer monitor with old models.
    Our mission is dire! (c)

Quote Originally Posted by GingerAj View Post
    I logged in my character looked an absolute mess - but then I spent 5 mins at the barber and now he looks even better than before. So thank you; and for every nay sayer there are people that like it. Unhappy people are usually more vocal.
    ofc we are more vocal :-)

But I do not belive its devided 50/50 because of that.
    There are also many intorverts in our world, that never voice their opinion or people who are shy of conflicts (those are in fact the majority of people).

Intorverts pays money too. You can see, I wrote not much comments during many years, I m intorvert.
    Development can check money for next 1-2 months to understand how intorverts are happy.
    Our mission is dire! (c)

Quote Originally Posted by Amarthwen View Post
    Intorverts pays money too. You can see, I wrote not much comments during many years, I m intorvert.
    Development can check money for next 1-2 months to understand how intorverts are happy.
    I believe you. I have no reason to doubt you are an intorvert.

Think you missed my point.
    Introverts, positive or negative. There will always be fewere that replies, compared to extroverts.
    Last edited by Aranaan; Apr 20 2023 at 05:49 AM.

Well, that some people love the changes for whatever reason - maybe are lucky not to be negatively impacted and were only after curly/braids/dreadlocks - doesn't mean there aren't many people dissatisfied with the changes and SSG's choices here, bah, or even people who generally love the idea behind the changes and new features but still criticize it for the terrible execution, and bear in mind these changes were highly awaited and legions of players imagined they're going to look better than NPCs... well, not so much, if NPCs have access to more varieties of useful, nice-looking hair assets than we do

Lots of us do.

9. Apr 20 2023, 07:41 AM

[QUOTE=Plidak;8186630]Lots of us do.

And even more of us DONT! As the survey they took down when it showed this was overwhelmingly unpopular

I “nearly” quit when SSG brought out the brawler.
    I then “retired” my 14yr minstrel after OMNN ruined the class.
    Both of these I came to terms with for the love of the game BUT this would seem to me to be a bridge too far to swallow.
    SSG - what on earth were you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddymus View Post
    SSG - what on earth were you thinking?
    Emphasis on Earth, and not Middle Earth.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

[QUOTE=Paddymus;8186647]
    Quote Originally Posted by Plidak View Post
    Lots of us do.

And even more of us DONT!
    You have option to keep your old model right ...
    So whats the problem then

[QUOTE=Plidak;8186652]

So whats the problem then
    That is precisely one of the problems: We don't. They're gone.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

No, don't have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by choon_blaze View Post
    No, don't have that option.
    But you do ....
    Preset 1 and head up to 22 are the old model ones.
    So just dont use the new ones and done ....

Or you tell me this is a new model ?

But you do ....
    You mean there are actually different options depending on which preset is chosen? Didn't feel that way to me initially

Quote Originally Posted by GingerAj View Post
    I only have a few human characters and I rarely play them, I prefer playing elves because the male humans all look too old, worn and muscular for me. I spent around 3 hours at the barber yesterday, trying to find a nice look though and it was fun to try all the different options, and I now managed to get one of them to look a bit less old and worn so I'm happy with the improvements The only issue I have with everything is that the area above the eyes is too far out on male humans especially on half the head options, and starts at the tips of the eyelashes instead of above the eyelid so the anatomy is very off there.

It's great to have so many options to pick between, and I especially love the colour picker for the lips and the sliders for the jaw line and chin. And 1 or 2 of the Complexions are less an actual complexion and more a different shading that kind of changes the shape of the head, which is great since it kind of doubles the amount of heads in a small but helpful way

I'm mostly worried about the future elf update, because no matter how varied and inclusive character creation is, the options I want are often skipped for male characters. All art teams that make characters in games wants big strong men, so they all end up looking middle-aged and muscular, but the elves should have the option to look ageless too. The oldest avatars let you make guys that looked handsome, beautiful or pretty. The first update made them all look handsome and kind of human and middle-aged. But I'm hoping that the new update will bring back the beautiful and pretty and ageless options for male elves too Especially since the female characters will have those options, as well as all the ones guys have.

It might be too difficult to implement but I do hope they add more Origins for people's backstories too
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    You mean there are actually different options depending on which preset is chosen? Didn't feel that way to me initially
    I dont think. I know. You should too. I just linked you screenshot m8....

But you do ....

Or you tell me this is a new model ?

No, these are not the same as the OLD models. As has already been posted in a different thread, you can see that the changes are quite drastic, even when using the same selections as of old:

Yes, I'm well aware that SSG have stated that the toggle is no longer an option for Race of Man.

I dont think. I know. You should too. I just linked you screenshot m8....
    I don't even know what you mean to say now, your responses are incomprehensible sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Lambtron View Post
    No, these are not the same as the OLD models. As has already been posted in a different thread, you can see that the changes are quite drastic, even when using the same selections as of old:

Yes, I'm well aware that SSG have stated that the toggle is no longer an option for Race of Man.
    This are compleatly diferente models.
    And there is no waut this to be original 2008.
    They were fugly afk.
    Sorry. Even if slightly polished, the model is kinda the same, so i see no problem with it.
    No one force you to pick beard for your female toon. And to degline that new models are better than old ones is just ... silly.
    Again. Preset 1 is the same as pre patch model.

They were fugly afk.
    Sorry. Even if slightly polished, the model is kinda the same, so i see no problem with it.
    No one force you to pick beard for your female toon. And to degline that new models are better than old ones is just ... silly.
    But we are forced to look women beards if another players create them.
    I pay money in game not for this. And will not pay until it fixed.
    Our mission is dire! (c)

And to degline that new models are better than old ones is just ... silly.
    You're literally the only one I saw who said that (and I don't mean just here). The new ones are superior because of sliders being introduced with them and thanks to those sliders all sorts of more detailed things are possible, yes, but there is no visible superior graphical difference in new models/faces over the previous ones from two weeks ago.

But we are forced to look women beards if another players create them.
    I pay money in game not for this. And will not pay until it fixed.
    So ask them to FIX disable new model changes. Not to rever the entire update ...
    Some ppl want bearded womans. I dont like the change myself, but so far i see no one runing with such model tbh.
    Also some ppl can say - we wont pay if womans dont have beard option... Then what ?
    War of the wallets ? I think the oposite side win. Just turn on tv ...

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    but there is no visible superior graphical difference in new models/faces over the previous ones from two weeks ago.
    Ofc there is. They look way better. Compared to the old potato model.

there was no model close to this beauty before the update.
    dont mind the outfit/ just gearing

They were fugly afk.
    Do you even read what other people write? I've already said that I am aware that there is no toggle available anymore.
    As for, in your words 'fugly', that is entirely subjective. The same can be said for those who regard the new models in the same way.
    Which brings me to the next point: Are you able to spot the differences or have you not yet noticed glaring problems like bobbleheads on necks that are comically tiny?

26. Apr 20 2023, 11:04 AM

They were fugly afk.
    It's not the same, the neck has been slimmed right down, which gives the jaw a completely different look - which makes the head look completely different. Looking at the individual features, the differences are minute, but that slimmed down neck creates a whole new head. There is a tad too much highlighting going on too.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the update, and the options I am choosing work really well. But, people do have a point about the old models changing, because they have.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast