We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

What do I need to purchase to play the epic story till the end?

As a new player, currently FTP, I am wondering what I will be in for if I want to play the epic story till the end. That is, I assume, up to and ending with Mordor.

I have read somewhere that if I reach level 50, I will have to purchase the Mines of Moria expansion to go further. And that would take me to 60. What about after that? I can find no information on that on the LOTRO site. For that matter, I cannot even find a price for the Moria expansion. So maybe what I read is old information. But what is then the current situation?

So, before I invest a lot of time in it, I am wondering how much playing to the end will cost me at minimum. (Or rather, what I would have to buy, because I understand that prices fluctuate.)

Note that I am currently not interested in expansions that are not part of Tolkien's main story. And I also don't think a VIP membership is what I'm looking for.

Can anyone enlighten me? Or give me a pointer to some definite information? Thanks!
    Last edited by Arbatax; Apr 24 2023 at 11:03 AM.