We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Expansion bonus items

Hey guys. What's the deal with the 2 latest expansions and their bonus items? Especially in Before the Shadow expansion, the actual useful bonus items from Ultimate Edition are just for ONE character. I understand the reasoning behind the crafting tools
    (Fateful toolkit etc), carry alls and Valars, they want to
    sell them from the store. But what is the deal with the Jewels? We used to get all items after character creation and now it's just for ONE character and why just for ONE server? At the same time we get special furnitures upon character creation for all characters. I created a character in a secondary server to test it and the character received just the cosmetics, titles and pets. This is just sad for 100-130euros. Is it just me
    or the value of the Expansion packs massively nerfed over the years by reducing the benefits and at the same time doubling or tripling the price? What is your thoughts about it?

Apologies in advance for the bad grammar.

The two very nice pocket items and the toolkit being granted only to the first server logged into after purchase of Before the Shadow was disappointing to me as well, I expected them to be granted (once) on every server.

Note, though, that the pocket items and the toolkit remain bound to account, they do not bind to character. So they can be shared among all the characters on the same account on the same server via Housing Storage or Shared Storage. Maybe game mail, too, although I haven’t tested that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    The two very nice pocket items and the toolkit being granted only to the first server logged into after purchase of Before the Shadow was disappointing to me as well, I expected them to be granted (once) on every server.

Note, though, that the pocket items and the toolkit remain bound to account, they do not bind to character. So they can be shared among all the characters on the same account on the same server via Housing Storage or Shared Storage. Maybe game mail, too, although I haven’t tested that.
    Totally agreed.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    I agree in all respects that it is a significant nerf to the high cost packages to have the best items be for one character and not (like the earrings) given to every character created.

It helps that they can be traded between characters but that still limits them to one server and means if one is running a dozen characters through missions one has to constantly go to or from the shared bank or mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    I agree in all respects that it is a significant nerf to the high cost packages to have the best items be for one character and not (like the earrings) given to every character created.

It helps that they can be traded between characters but that still limits them to one server and means if one is running a dozen characters through missions one has to constantly go to or from the shared bank or mailbox.
    And if you forget who has them, it's a lot of log in/out like I do with carry-alls because I forget to put them back in shared storage. With server performance as bad as it is and vault load can take time it is a worse option.

I think it's reasonable for the Valar to be one per account but at least Tools, Carry all and Tortoise thingy should have been one per server (to share) and the other jewel should have been available to all characters upon creation.

All of the expansion bonus items should be given to everyone on the account regardless of server.
    What I mean is that everyone on Arkenstone and Crickhollow should get them.
    Every new or existing character should get them.
    One per account is just cheap and bad marketing.

If we are paying over $60 for collector's and ultimate editions, we are expecting to get everything on everyone everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post

Its pretty obvious to me why the toolkit is one per account. They know life will be so much easier if players have them on all their characters, so, release toolkit #1 in Gundabad Ultimate. Guess where toolkit #2 is going to be?
    Last edited by Arnenna; Apr 26 2023 at 05:39 PM.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.