We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question "Homesteads and Harvest" Cosmetics Pack and Bridle-less Warsteed Head-Pieces

Hi all,

I’m writing this post preemptively in anticipation of the forthcoming “Homesteads and Harvest” supporter (???) pack. At present, this pack looks to have some really cool additions - including a new mount; new pets; and a great /dance_lute emote (all found via the Collections panel on Live). I’ll fully admit that I’m a whale for cosmetic items and in that regard, SSG has got me mostly hook line and sinker….

That said, there is one thing that I hope SSG includes in this pack prior to its release and that is: the warsteed head-piece that presumably comes with the forthcoming “Homestead Steed”. The way warsteed head-pieces have worked in cosmetic packs in the past is that they are a duplicate of the bridle and mane found on the standard mount (in this case, the “Homestead Steed”). I’m hoping for the release of the “Homesteads and Harvest” pack that SSG could make a slight emendation to this pattern: the “Homestead Steed” has a gorgeous long mane, one that can’t be found anywhere else in the game, yet it also includes a heavy bridle (pictured below) that I prefer would not carry over to the warsteed version of the head-piece. To this end, I wonder if SSG might include two head-pieces: one with the bridle and one without. Pet versions of the horses that come with the “Homesteads and Harvest” pack - such as the “Black Draught Horse” and the “Dappled Grey Draught Horse” - feature horses with the mane and without the bridle (pictured below).

Requesting an addition to a cosmetic pack, let alone one to do with warsteeds, may seem silly considering the other pressing tasks that SSG needs to attend to (namely, lag; the bugs in the wake of the new avatar update; class and PvMP updates), but to be honest adding this is an easy fix and might help SSG’s monetization team squeeze a couple bucks out of the cosmetics crowd (which I’d prefer they do via cosmetics as opposed to via traceries…). I know I’d be much more keen to buy this pack if I could get a bridleless version of the mane as a warsteed head-piece, and I suspect that I’m not entirely in the minority considering the demographic of this pack is clearly aimed at the cosmetics/housing crowd and most of us do engage with warsteed cosmetics considering its the only avenue to customize your horse in this game.

So, please SSG, before releasing “Homesteads and Harvest” think about adding a mane only, bridleless version of the warsteed head-piece. I’m sure many would be happy to buy this!

Feel free to comment if you'd, likewise, be interested in this addition.

It'll probably be part of the whale pack only. But IIRC there's similar hairstyles for horses out there in the game.
    For warsteeds though? I fully agree that there should be a way to buy them separate.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

mmmm whale.
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care