We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: The Curator?

The Curator?

What is 'the curator' that is mentioned in the login? I haven't played in a long time and don't remember hearing about it.

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    The Curator is a seasonal NPC that has special things exclusively, if I am remembering correctly. Now is the time to get your training dummy for your house, if you have enough figments. If you don't, try to earn some and if you have motes, exchange them for figments.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

thank you for the response but where is the curator located? I do not see one in bree and cannot find any information.

The Curator functions like the seasonal barterers except she spontaneously shows up, usually around the time of a festival or event, and provides a long list of old cosmetics in exchange for Figments of Splendour. They came up with this system to hold items that originally came with the initial random box system with the Mordor expansion. They gradually added some exclusive things like a Training Dummy and a token to create a decoration out of a cosmetic pet.

Curator is found at every major hub: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Curator

I'm sure it's been complained about ad-nauseum, but the 10k figment cap makes it almost useless, you can get a handful of items while it's available then it's gone, or less if you want the 7.5k warsteed appearances. There's no way to save up figments for when the curator appears and buy a bunch of stuff, you can only grind what you can before it's gone again. I suppose you could save 10k embers and motes too and convert them, but it's unbelievable that it's still a 10k cap.
    Last edited by Celebrawn; Apr 29 2023 at 09:21 AM.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank