We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Separate forced Festival skills from regular emotes

During Festival times certain areas have something called "Serious Business" which blocks the use of Festival skills or classes that have skills to make you cheer and such, which is nice as it does mess up players trying to do festival quest, however it also blocks typing emotes such as /wave, /cheer and so on. Could we make it so that regular emote typing isn't tied to festival/class skills? I always like to wave and emote at Kin members or friends going by but can't, Blocking skills is fine but not regular emoting.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

I remember, probably YEARS ago, people were complaining about emotes bogging up the chat. Particularly, if I remember correctly, with the dance quests, maybe? And maybe with the fireworks ones since that is posted to chat too?
    I don't know for sure since I never personally used the chat box to do those quests, but just used floating text instead.

There are different chat tabs, and I know how to use them, but maybe other people do not.

I'm personally not a fan of "serious business" at all, but I do get it, for example with the shrew garden where a speed boost can make the game unfair. Since there is already a toggle to turn off festival emotes and pets, I see no reason to make areas like that. (Except for a similar reason, of some people not knowing how to turn it off, similar to using different chat tabs.)
    Paint the Sky with Stars

Quote Originally Posted by paintpixie View Post
    I remember, probably YEARS ago, people were complaining about emotes bogging up the chat. Particularly, if I remember correctly, with the dance quests, maybe? And maybe with the fireworks ones since that is posted to chat too?
    I don't know for sure since I never personally used the chat box to do those quests, but just used floating text instead.
    None of dance quest areas have Serious Business, cause the dances require you to /emote in order to even do it, so thats not issue with /emotes there. besides its no different then using regular emotes at other parts of the festivals/events.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    None of dance quest areas have Serious Business, cause the dances require you to /emote in order to even do it, so thats not issue with /emotes there. besides its no different then using regular emotes at other parts of the festivals/events.
    I encounter that buff in festival ground, not in dance quest area, but more closer to horse race NPC

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I encounter that buff in festival ground, not in dance quest area, but more closer to horse race NPC
    It's due to the stage that's there.
    Paint the Sky with Stars

Yeah, that's true. But perhaps that's why they have it by the fireworks event in Bree.
    Paint the Sky with Stars

Quote Originally Posted by paintpixie View Post
    Yeah, that's true. But perhaps that's why they have it by the fireworks event in Bree.
    I really highly doubt that emotes going through the chat is the reason, the reason is cause forced festival skills cause you to do different things, not cause of emote chat.

I really highly doubt that emotes going through the chat is the reason, the reason is cause forced festival skills cause you to do different things, not cause of emote chat.
    Yeah, I dunno. I mean, when they made the debuff originally, somebody had to make that call. And I do remember there being threads complaining about emotes clogging up chat, making it hard to see NPC text, "trolling", etc.
    I personally think the debuff should only be for speed boosts where it might be a problem, because like I said, they already have a solution to the chat thing with the different chat filters, and a solution to the festival emote thing with the toggle.
    Paint the Sky with Stars