We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: Game System: Tavern Revelries

Turbine,

Do you want LOTRO to shine heads and shoulders above the rest of the other MMOs?

Adding this would be a great start.

This would work EXTREMELY well in the rp-centric Landroval server.

Well done.

I'm keeping this thread alive too.

Lets get some Dev love in here

/Anotherwelldeservedbump!

Pretty Please devs? *blink blink*

Hello,

The last time i took a look at this thread it was only 5 pages long. Now it is 8! I think that this possibly merrits some sort of looking into. The Majority of the community seems to be behind this idea or some form of it. So has anyone come up with some combinations and names for these combinations yet?

Considering the amount of replies and attention this thread have gotten, I would have thought that it would have gotten some reply from Turbine by now.

But tell your freinds about this, lets get some more attention, maybe then something will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM_Dragonlord View Post
    Considering the amount of replies and attention this thread have gotten, I would have thought that it would have gotten some reply from Turbine by now.

But tell your freinds about this, lets get some more attention, maybe then something will happen.
    Yep. I should tell my kinship about this one!

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack

/signed
    /signed

love the idea

great idea, sounds like fun bravo OP

Thumbs up Re: Game System: Tavern Revelries

I gotta tell you, when I first read this, I thought I was looking at a preview of a feature to be introduced in an upcoming patch.

Sign this guy up! He (she?) needs to be on the development side!

I think the brilliance of this idea stems from the fact that it builds on existing elements in the game to form a something entirely unique, as well as enhancing the use of items already in the game (ale/pipe-weed).

/signed (!!)
    Lv69 R4 Champion, Supreme Master Armsman | Lv67 R0 Warden, Supreme Master Woodsman
    Lv60 R4 Lore-master, Supreme Master Tinker | Lv42 Hunter, Supreme Master Explorer
    Lv37 Minstrel, Supreme Master Yeoman

It builds on existing fun elements of the game and gives them a practical use, as wel as giving bonuses its also fun and socail and not just for lvl 50's it promotes the player co-operation aspect of this game as opposed to pvp, which you get with just about every other game. It also fits in with the lore, and important thing for any lotro sugestion and its well though out.

/signed

Dev , see, look ,watch!!

/signed

Wonderfully produced! A key component that makes LOTRO its own MMORPG is its player base. From the beginning, the team tried to make the environment and the quests as close to the tolkien lore as they could. I think everyone is pleased by their commitment to this plan.

How much more pleased would the player base be if good ideas were considered and implemented? An idea that makes the role-playing better, and fits well with events in the books - is definitely worth implementing.

Well done, and I will be following this thread closely - I want to see the Dev response.

Bragolan - Man of Gondor
    39 Guardian

As a lover of all things Minstrel, I heartily approve this concept.

/signed

/signed again.

Just.. ya know.. Keepin' it live.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000006098b/01004/signature.png]Mullein[/charsig]

Join the Commoner Uprising! [URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=88945[/URL]

Kudoes! Great idea. Great execution! Great delivery!

/signed
    [I][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Laughter chases the shadows away.[/COLOR][/I]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/j4DqNi7.jpg[/IMG]

Vastin is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team

Smile Re: Game System: Tavern Revelries

Hey folks!

Yep, we do review posts like this one - especially ones that have some care and love and real thought put into them as this one clearly has.

Now, let me make it clear that there is an enormous gulf between Idea and Implementation - even when the idea arises from the desk of one of our own designers. The great majority of them end up on the cutting room floor. Technology limitations, development costs, game balance issues and many other factors often conspire to doom even the coolest concepts.

So, let it be known that this Idea has been Seen, and it has generated interesting Thoughts and Discussions. That would still leave it with a roughly 0% chance of ever seeing the light of day in a form you could recognize from the original post. That's not to be mean, and it is certainly not to put down or discourage the OP - it is a Cool Idea(tm) - it's just the way the development process works.

Most importantly, this kind of concept is still a lot of fun for us to read, and may well spin off into further ideas that make a true difference in the game. It also gives us a better concept of what kinds of things you are looking for out there - so feel free to post em. They DO make a difference, by providing us with inspiration and possible new directions to explore in our gameplay.

My thanks to the OP for this post and the discussions it has generated. This is certainly one of the best faces of our player community.

Anything... ANYTHING... To make Inns more lively!

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    Hey folks!

Yep, we do review posts like this one - especially ones that have some care and love and real thought put into them as this one clearly has.

Most importantly, this kind of concept is still a lot of fun for us to read, and may well spin off into further ideas that make a true difference in the game. It also gives us a better concept of what kinds of things you are looking for out there - so feel free to post em. They DO make a difference, by providing us with inspiration and possible new directions to explore in our gameplay.
    You have no idea how awesome it is to hear that ideas are read and at least discussed, even if they cannot always be implemented.

<3 you guys.
    [CENTER][COLOR="#B6942E"][I]"Pipeweed in my pouch, Sun in the Sky, and a Song in my heart."[/I]
    [SIZE="4"]Judiah Maethoraer, Commandant of [URL="http://www.paxthalion.com]Pax Thalion[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Wow....very cool idea. That must have taken a lot of work to put together. Thanks

I'm glad Vastin saw it and chimed in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStormKing View Post
    Anything... ANYTHING... To make Inns more lively!
    Hehe yeah, but I guess 'more lively' seems to imply there is life at inns. I'd like to see any real life there. An inn should be a place where people congregate, but right now people congregate outside the inn or at the game's stables. There ought to be some reason to make folks want to be inside the inn and 'Tavern Revelries' seems like the perfect idea.

I think if the developers don't REALLY try to get something like this implemented, they do so at the game's peril. I'm not saying the game will die because of it, but it seems to me that 'Tavern Revelries' could make the difference between a moderately successful MMOG and a truly great one.
    Last edited by Beery; Sep 14 2007 at 11:46 AM.
    Nemo nascitur artifex.

Thanks for sharing that Hayoo. It is a very interesting idea and represents a great deal of work. I am glad I got to read this.

I've never seen a better designed or thought out concept yet. I really hope this makes it in. Even if it's a couple books from now, it'd go a long way toward community development and fun factor.
    Farmo - 50 Hobbit Minstrel, Grand Master Tailor
    Lorindor - 38 Elven Lore-master, Grand Master Scholar
    Legolette - 33 Elven Hunter, Master Expert Jeweller
    Officer, Mac's Merry Men, Silverlode server

Hayoo,

You have simply rocked these forums with this great suggestion post. I'll gladly stand up, put off my pipe and wholeheartedly applaud to you.

/stand
    /smokeoff
    /applaud

/signed.
    "KHAZÂD FUNDINUL"- On Brandywine.
    =/\ Read our Kinship Information and then Apply for Kinship /\=

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast