We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Housing FAQ

Housing FAQ

How much do houses cost?
    Prices vary, but are in this general range:
    Standard (Tier 1): 1g, 50s upkeep
    Deluxe (Tier 2): 7g, 150s upkeep
    Kin (Tier 3): 15-17g, 300s upkeep
    See: http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...5&postcount=37

How much do storage containers cost?
    Container 1: 100s
    Container 2: 500s
    Container 3: 2.500g

How much space does each container have?
    30 slots.

How many storage containers can I put in my house?
    1 container per tier of house.

Can you have more than 1 house on a server?
    No.

Can a kinship leader purchase a personal house in addition to a kinship hall?
    Yes.

Where are the housing zones located?
    Hobbit: Southfarthing, south of Michael Delving
    Dwarf: West part of Dwarf starting area
    Man: South of Midgewater Swamp
    Elf: East of Duillond (Flash Map)
    See http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=93693

Where are the housing brokers located?
    Housing Brokers are available near the entrance to each neighborhood.

What happens if I don't pay the upkeep?
    Your house vanishes and the items that were inside can be retrieved from Escrow.

Can you rotate decorations?
    No.

When do new housing zones open?
    A new housing zone opens when the current zone sells out. In my opinion this is a bug: new zones should open when all houses of a particular tier are purchased.

Can you upgrade a house?
    No.

Can your alts use "return to house"?
    No.

Can you put workbenches or a forge in your house? Or vendors?
    No. My thoughts on this are mixed. On one hand, it would be very convenient. On the other hand, it may make places like Thorin's hall extremely desolate.

What level do you have to be to purchase a house?
    Level 15.

What permissions are there on houses?
    There are 5 permissions that can be assigned on a individual, kinship, or everyone basis:
    - Visitor: Enter/exit house
    - Housing Chests: Put items into or take items from a container
    - Upkeep: Can pay upkeep
    - Decorate: Ability to decorate the house
    - Manage Permissions: Ability to change permissions

Can I pay upkeep in advance?
    Yes. Up to six weeks.

What happens if you abandon a house?
    It will put all of your items from the house in an escrow account that you have to access within 6 days to retrieve the items. It also returns all monies you have paid into the escrow account for maintenance fees. It does not, however, return any of the money that you paid for the house. (Yugi) There is also a 24 hour cooldown before you can purchase another house.

Are neighborhoods racially restricted?
    No.
    Last edited by Veltkreeg; Oct 21 2007 at 12:58 AM.
    Member of [url=http://leagueofelders.guildportal.com]The League of Elders[/url]
    [b]Branderic[/b] 50 Guardian/GM Armourer
    [url=http://www.yarr.us/pages/branderics-guide-to-forochel-part-1]Branderic's Guide to Forochel[/url]

Re: Housing FAQ

Thanks for the info. A couple more questions if you know the answers...
    Once you have purchased a house, can you upgrade it to a higher tier later?
    Is there a limited amount of space for housing? (in other words do only the first X number of people that get there have a chance to own a house?)
    [LEFT][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[/COLOR]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[COLOR=#ffffff]'[/COLOR]l[COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=red]===== [COLOR=black]:::[/COLOR]Brandywine
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=white][COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[COLOR=#ffffff]'[/COLOR]l[COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]===== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][B][COLOR=#ff0000][B][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=#ff0000][B][B]========== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR]
    [/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white]========== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]

Are there limited T2 houses per zone? Or does it give you the option to purchase a T1 or T2 house on a specific plot?

1) No....once you spend your cash it seems to be gone. There is no upgrade or transfer option that I have seen.

2) The way it is supposed to work is that as a neighborhood fills up a new neighborhood instance will open up.
    Last edited by Invincible12; Oct 04 2007 at 03:51 PM.

Another question I have:

I know you are limited to 1 house per account but it you have 2 subscription's on 1 account are you then allowed 2 houses.
    Member of Knights of the White Lady [url]http://kwl.guildportal.com[/url]
    Landroval server: Isumraj

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000003a085/01005/signature.png]Isumraj[/charsig]

I'm not sure what you mean by accounts and subscriptions. Are you talking about characters on another server?
    Member of [url=http://leagueofelders.guildportal.com]The League of Elders[/url]
    [b]Branderic[/b] 50 Guardian/GM Armourer
    [url=http://www.yarr.us/pages/branderics-guide-to-forochel-part-1]Branderic's Guide to Forochel[/url]

I would not rely on the pricing seen on the test server to be what we find when this goes "live."

One of the topics on the survey is pricing . . . I suspect final prices will be different. No idea if that means higher or lower.

hope they allow us to pay upkeep in advance, cause i leave every march-april for 2 and 1/2 weeks vacation every year.

And hope its reasonable...

Quote Originally Posted by Theodate View Post
    hope they allow us to pay upkeep in advance, cause i leave every march-april for 2 and 1/2 weeks vacation every year.

And hope its reasonable...
    At this time it appears that we can pay up through six weeks in advance (and yes, the rent payment is weekly) via the housing UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Veltkreeg View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by accounts and subscriptions. Are you talking about characters on another server?
    Don't think so. You can have multiple subscriptions under one account - basically, two retail game keys registered under the same Turbine username. So if you have two subscriptions, you can have 2x5 characters on one server.

I would guess that you can have a house per subscription (which is how destiny points work), but need to confirm.
    [i][color=#dbb953]"Yet there may be a light beyond the darkness; and if so, I would have you see it and be glad."[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible12 View Post
    1) No....once you spend your cash it seems to be gone. There is no upgrade or transfer option that I have seen.

2) The way it is supposed to work is that as a neighborhood fills up a new neighborhood instance will open up.
    AH HAA! I just figured out why Hobbit and Dwarf housing wasnt opened today. That silly boar only gives 10 gold per week, and the most expensive single person house is 7 Gold, hence I predict we will get to see Hobbit and Dwarf housing next week

And also new neighborhoods are opening up now - houses for all!

Also, where are rugs/welcome mats bought?

Are there any other house item vendors other than the one in the neighborhood and the taxidermist?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000004dac/signature.png]Gerpler[/charsig]
    [I][COLOR=Yellow]"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"[/COLOR][/I]

So is there a "Return to House" ability/map for the main toon that purchased the house?

There weren't many recipes to look at, whilst it's good to see some when will there be more to choose from.

I hope the dwarf and hobbit dwellings open up before next week, i won't be buying a dwelling until i get to choose from the full range (festivious annoying buyer here lol).
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][COLOR=PaleGreen][SIZE=3]Im a creepy creep :)
    [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Krato View Post
    Also, where are rugs/welcome mats bought?
    You can buy at least one rug from the vendor in the neighborhood. I'm guessing the other ones would be crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by EisenMagus
    So is there a "Return to House" ability/map for the main toon that purchased the house?
    Yes, it's a skill you are given once you purchase it. You also get a port to the kinship house if your kin has one. Sadly, while you can give permissions to your personal house to alts/other players, these will not get the return skill. I'm hoping that gets changed.
    [i][color=#dbb953]"Yet there may be a light beyond the darkness; and if so, I would have you see it and be glad."[/color][/i]

just rechacking , if i buy tier one House do i have to pay every week as well ?

Yes, all houses have weekly maintenance fees, the amount depends on the tier (and a little bit on location). You can however pay in advance for 6 weeks.

The price of the deluxe house as per the answer to the FAQ is not quite so granular as 7.75s (don't recall the exact number you used). All prices for each tier vary. That 7.75 number is probably a good average, however.

Anyone know the exact size of neighborhoods ie how many of each tier are available when one opens up?

The most I saw was 16 tier 1, 10 tier 2, and 3 kin houses in one neighborhood.

Here's a question:

Does anyone know what the difference is in the pricing within a tier. For example, in each neighborhood, there are 4 kinship houses: 2x @ 15g, 1x @ 16.5g, 1x @ 17.25g. I looked at the "for sale" signs in front of each and they have the same number of hooks and storage slots. At least the outside artwork looks identical as well. It doesn't seem to be related to their "closeness" to vendors/instance entrance either. Anyone have any other ideas?
    -Agenorin-
    Guardian of the Free People
    Member of the Elder Knights
    Firefoot Server

Quote Originally Posted by Greyshot View Post
    The most I saw was 16 tier 1, 10 tier 2, and 3 kin houses in one neighborhood.
    Actually there were 4 kin houses per neighborhood in both the Man and Elf neighborhoods. It's especially easy to overlook the 4th kin house in the Elf neighborhood. There's one down by the river on Waterbank and 3 up on the top level.
    [color=orange][b]We. Not me.[/b][/color] Every American should see Sicko.

[b][color=red]Monika[/color][/b] (formerly [b][color=pink]Red Monika[/color][/b] from AC and AC2) [b][color=pink]Landroval[/color][/b] server - [url=http://kwl.guildportal.com]Knights of the White Lady[/url]

To OP:

If what you mean by not being able to rotate decorations is that you can't change them for others, I disagree. I exchanged one of my rhododendrens for a birch tree last night, and placed chairs in different locations than the original place I put them.

If that's not what you meant, could you please explain a little further?

Thanks,
    Isil
    Isiliel, Elf Lore-Master ~ Malela, Human Hunter ~ Jerandir, Human Captain ~ Nesme, Human Minstrel ~ Aelwan, Human Warden ~ Gripe, Dwarf Rune-Keeper ~ Calena, Hobbit Burglar~Oblio, Dwarf Champion ~ Aiwe, Elf Rune-Keeper ~ all on Silverlode ~Very proud member of Strayhold & wearer of TSK quality Tshirts

Isil, he means that you can't rotate the decorations in space, e.g. turn a chair or a table 90degrees, etc.

I would like to see this - I would also like to see the chairs be actually sit-in-able (like they were in the town square stage area), and for there to be table-and-chairs furniture options. Kinda weird to have to put a table over here by itself in one corner, and a lonely chair over in another corner, etc.
    Last edited by andulinde; Oct 05 2007 at 12:06 PM.
    Lindoryn 105r11 mns, Lindorien 85r7 lrm, Lindbergh 75r7 brg, Drakur 56r1 grd
    Cuspid, r6 warg

Can an individual own a Tier 3 house? Or are those for Kin only?

Quote Originally Posted by blackeagle28 View Post
    Can an individual own a Tier 3 house? Or are those for Kin only?
    Kin-only. They can purchased by the leader of a rank 7 or higher kinship.
    Lindoryn 105r11 mns, Lindorien 85r7 lrm, Lindbergh 75r7 brg, Drakur 56r1 grd
    Cuspid, r6 warg

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast