We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Mass Transfer to YOUR Server?

A lot of servers are dying out - especially in the Moors. Many people want action, but don't want the constant RvR and lag associated with Brandywine. I'm trying to organize those who enjoy small group PvP into picking an alternative mass transfer location, in the hopes of creating a mid-high population moors with a retained focus on small group action. I've set an arbitrary minimum of 50 people committed to transferring a character - certainly not enough to serve as a decent moors population in itself, but enough to hopefully get things started. It looks like we'll hit that number relatively soon, and now we need to get some information on what server might be the best choice as a small-group, Brandywine alternative.

I'm curious about the state of your server. Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated!

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    3) What is your freep population like? PvP kins? High ranked freeps?
    4) Do you currently have Raid v Raid at peak hours?
    5) Would a mass transfer of PvP'ers be welcomed or shunned?
    6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?

Thanks!

If you're interested in joining in, please /sign here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...fer-Discussion or contact me via PM.
    Last edited by harman097; Aug 20 2014 at 05:12 PM.

2. Aug 21 2014, 10:14 AM

played once since u14 came out, but my guess its the same as u13 so here is my view (creepside):

Quote Originally Posted by harman097 View Post

1) What is the current state of your PvP? Freep dominated? Creep dominated? Flipper dominated?
    Freeps seriously outnumbered (since u13, before 12 we had about even numbers, u12 was creepside outnumbered) only 1-2 freeps stepping up to group them.
    lots of FoTM spiders and defilers, but lesser than when u13 came out.

Overall: creeps dominate but when there is a real challenge they just sit in grams.

2) What is your creep population like? Are there quality tribes? Are there a decent amount of high ranked creeps left playing?
    Not really any quality tribes. Those with quality died years ago when they changed the infamy gain.
    No dominate tribe but a few of them still have quality players in them (like Sauron's vengeance, Sabotage, ...) but they arent that active anymore.
    Most of the decent highranked players lost interest because of the ###### players leveling so fast and not knowing their class. But when those players group up, its hard for the freeps to have a chance.

Overall: No big tribes, most vets left

Most freeps are between r11-14. Mainly because of gramscamps/ lugz backdoor shuffle or the daily pve (same can be said about certain creeps) . Some got their rank from actual action, but those are kinda rare.

Overall: lots of highranked freeps (most of them didnt really deserve their rank) who's ego is too big to group up

Not that im aware off. Last time i saw a 24vs24 raid (and additional taggers) was back in RoI.

Overall: No raid versus raid. if 1 side raids up, other side just logs.

It would be welcome, but i dont think i would make pvp better.

6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it?
    Last time i played there was some 1v1. But its always the same people to 1v1. Its really boring.

overall: some 1v1's going on, most of the time with the same freeps/creeps.

I think thats about it. Since it has been 1-2 months since i last played. It could have been somewhat different now but i dont think it will be that much.

good luck with the Transfers

~ Cryotron
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

Are we talking American Time Zone players?

need more freeps. Small groups normally flip the keeps (makes for a good challenge). lots of spiders and defilers.

I think the tribes are all to broken up, not much leadership exists. Set plays that think because they are high rank they don't want to group with other members. So the quality in total gets lowered by less experienced leaders.

majority would balance 11-14, a lot of high ranks champs, LM, Mini,( most been playing since launch) a couple wardens, even less burgs.

I would say 12-20 RVR but you will find that there will be a lot of people just following the raid/group not wanting to group up.

I would love to see more freeps and creeps on the server. But with Vilya you will get people that cry about it.

6) How is your 1v1 scene here? Is it frowned upon with lots of 1v1 gankers and OOC hate? Or are there a decent amount who enjoy it.
    1v1's are normally well respected, though you will always get wargs that think they are good by jumping u at 2-4k morale. its not often you will find 1v1's and if you do for more then an hour you will start to notice people have flipped to a LM or spider...!

I have commented on this before giving my suggestions to turbine that they should have a dedicated server that you can log your character into, then pve on ur normal server. Star War TOR did this for their PVP because it was always dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrettleSllim View Post
    Are we talking American Time Zone players?
    Not really sure if this was directed to me but anyways:

My view is based on the times that i play(ed). I'm a European player so that means somewhere between 6pm gmt and 1am gmt (12am est - 7pm est). Back in RoI/RoR we had a large number of both european and american players between those hours on both sides.

Occassionally i logged in during the morning (10 am gmt (4am est)) to find smegg's daily pve. This was before he got r15 and introducing of autoflips. Nowadays i can log in from 10am gmt untill 7pm gmt to see maybe 5 freeps. The same 5 freeps everyday.

Bottom line: I dont think action is that much better in the so called "prime American time"
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.