We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

It's coming Windfola......

Get ready for server mergers. Or if you have not read the producers note, please do so. Now the question is, can we keep Windy active enough that we are not one of the affected???? Even though I am guilty of making posts in regards to mergers, at the time I did not consider what it would be like if Windfola was among the servers to get the ax. It makes me wonder if this is Turbine finally conceding that we have lost tons of valuable players in the last 2 yrs. Whats your 2 cents??? Is this going to solve any problems we currently have with the game? Is it the right thing to do in order to keep raiding etc active? Will you still play if and when they shut down Windy, and move us all to Brandy or some other more populated server?
    I"m just curious what the rest of you think.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...oducers-letter

I will still play if they shut Windy down and I have to transfer to some other, less-cool server. But. I will be very, very sad.
    Narlinde ~ Minstrel, Singer of the Lament of Windfola

I started to play this game on Windfola about 2 months ago and I liked it so much. I hope the server won't get merged because even tho I lag a bit I really enjoy my time there. Forcing me to play on a bigger server will make it unplayable for my stoneage pc and european ping.

Server merge would be bad. Would ruin the community, people will probably have my name, an I don't want that -1 after it... it would ruin the community, and the general world chat spam would become very annoying( I don't turn it of because it can be helpful) also the pvp would change a bit, New people new styles... I just dislike the whole idea.

~anything spelt stupidly is my idiotic spellcheck

Yes id still play as well. Sucks bc this should have been done 2 years ago. Just recently moors getting great and its working. Just hope this doesnt screw it up. But higher pop would be better for me. But i only play creep so it wouldnt affect me negatively as much. Saltytroll

Yes I will stay play but selfishly I really hope Windfola is not one of the servers shut down. Moving individual characters is one thing but as a Kinship leader just the thought of keeping a kinship intact with a server transfer is a bit daunting. There are many unresolved issues: kinship names, houses, chests etc in addition to all the individual accounts for players. How Turbine finalizes all of these in the months ahead will be interesting to say the least. Crossing fingers and toes we will emerge with better servers and an improved play experience.
    Main Godhroran (Hunter) - Formerly Windfola moved to Crickhollow- Thorns of Telperion.

So, if Windfola is closed and we have to immigrate to another server, which server are people leaning towards? I think it is likely that Windfola, as the 3rd lowest population U.S. server, will be closed, our "city" bombed out. Do we scatter far and wide across the land to live in "Windfola ghettos" in other cities/servers? Or do we take a stab at exporting our community wholesale into another server, creating a little Windfola chat channel to reminisce about the good time back in the Old Country and trying to preserve our server culture in a foreign land...?

Anyway. Firefoot would be our traditional "sister" server, since Windfola is Eowyn's horse and Firefoot is Eomer's horse. But who knows if Firefoot will make it, either? I guess it's too early to talk about such decisions, but I'm interested to know if the server community would like to stick together, or if we will be scattered to the winds of fate, as the dust is scattered under the hooves of a War-steed....?
    Narlinde ~ Minstrel, Singer of the Lament of Windfola

Dwarrowdelf.
    [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/791ClHN.png[/img][/center]

I can't judge windfola's population from experience but it seems high enough on the charts that it has a chance of staying open. And feel free to come on over to crickhollow if it does close
    Crickhollow-
    r4 lvl 100 - Roelen, Guardian of Lindon
    r1 leveling - Celerad, Captain of Gondor

if any of these nubs come to crickhollow I will end them

Great pvp action today, thanks to all. Windy moors are a live and kicking
    [CENTER][URL="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Stormrage007/media/2r2ty8h_zps04809b91.png.html"][IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/Stormrage007/2r2ty8h_zps04809b91.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Voinamainen - Khall - Shattersoul - Velox - Thaydron - Hadesdoom - Akinaard - Illshot - Morthane - Doomhound

[/CENTER]

If this is any indication, we are a little above the halfway mark in population. I think we may be safe.

http://lotroaltfinder.net/statistics.html

Quote Originally Posted by Conanov View Post
    If this is any indication, we are a little above the halfway mark in population. I think we may be safe.

http://lotroaltfinder.net/statistics.html
    That hasnt been updated since mid 85 cap

As Crumb said those are old data.For a view of how it is today you can check around the site in the following link.
    http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live-us.php
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

pretty much

With so many servers at about the same log in percentage, it's impossible to guess which will stay open and which will close. Hopefully we will get more information from Turbine soon so we can make the appropriate plans.
    Main Godhroran (Hunter) - Formerly Windfola moved to Crickhollow- Thorns of Telperion.

RIP in peace Windfola
    [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/791ClHN.png[/img][/center]

I really hope Windfola isn't closed. It's my first and only server, and it's perfect the way it is. I'll obviously keep playing if we have to move, but I will be very upset.
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

19. May 02 2015, 05:03 AM

I would assume it to be crickhollow, Narlinde. A large section of the windfola PvMP community already went over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    I would assume it to be crickhollow, Narlinde. A large section of the windfola PvMP community already went over there.
    Crick died out fast and we either stopped playing or came back to windy sadly. Few remain on crick now

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine94 View Post
    Umm yeah, I vote to shut Windfola down, my 18 level 85's would get to move to the only server still alive BW, remember when you 1st started playing (for me 5-6 years ago and never stopped), and chat was a constant stream, where the auction house was full and the prices were low, where the map turned red then blue 2 or 3 time in 15 min, that's Brandywine. Yes THEY DONT WANT YOU but TOO BAD they cant stop you, you have lag here with no players we have lag there with shiiloads of players that's the difference, it's probably your pc anyway.

I rolled a toon 2 years ago and never looked back, no I'm not paying to get my champ or mini over so shut it down, its dead! Log in into a server with 500 ppl in chat not 15. Come on over TODAY, roll a toon and hope Windy gets shut down so you can transfer the rest over later, and also the Russian private owned servers have shut down 2-3 weeks ago (Google it) we just got 1000 new players, help! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!

Not all of us are Ezmoding zerglings.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine94 View Post
    Umm yeah, I vote to shut Windfola down, my 18 level 85's would get to move to the only server still alive BW, remember when you 1st started playing (for me 5-6 years ago and never stopped), and chat was a constant stream, where the auction house was full and the prices were low, where the map turned red then blue 2 or 3 time in 15 min, that's Brandywine. Yes THEY DONT WANT YOU but TOO BAD they cant stop you, you have lag here with no players we have lag there with shiiloads of players that's the difference, it's probably your pc anyway.

I rolled a toon 2 years ago and never looked back, no I'm not paying to get my champ or mini over so shut it down, its dead! Log in into a server with 500 ppl in chat not 15. Come on over TODAY, roll a toon and hope Windy gets shut down so you can transfer the rest over later, and also the Russian private owned servers have shut down 2-3 weeks ago (Google it) we just got 1000 new players, help! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!
    I sense much insanity in this one.
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~