We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Stuck

Stuck

Hi, just wanted to point out an issue I've been having that's halted my progress completely. I quite new to the game and last month before the LI item rework, I got an LI during the epic quest before entering moria. However, I did not complete the epic quest that would give me the title "Seeker of Deep Places" which is required to enter the archives in Rivendell. So, I am stuck with the quest to reforge my legendary item, but an unable to because its an old legendary item, and I cannot exchange it for a new one.

Yes it's a known issue. Here's the advice from SSG -

"Characters who had completed Volume II, Book 1, Chapter 10 on a Dwarf or Hobbit will now be able to continue the Legendary Item quest chain and pick up "Chapter 11: Forged Anew". Some characters who had Volume II, Book 1, Chapter 10 or 11 underway may still be unable to acquire or reforge their Legendary Items. Players who encounter this issue will need to contact Customer Service in-game for assistance. "

It may take a while to get a response though from what people have been saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Yes it's a known issue. Here's the advice from SSG -

"Characters who had completed Volume II, Book 1, Chapter 10 on a Dwarf or Hobbit will now be able to continue the Legendary Item quest chain and pick up "Chapter 11: Forged Anew". Some characters who had Volume II, Book 1, Chapter 10 or 11 underway may still be unable to acquire or reforge their Legendary Items. Players who encounter this issue will need to contact Customer Service in-game for assistance. "

It may take a while to get a response though from what people have been saying.
    Yeah it's a shame, been waiting since the middle of October

Let Quest 11 be completed by old LIs

Quote Originally Posted by SWesker View Post
    Yeah it's a shame, been waiting since the middle of October
    I am in the same position. I have been waiting since October on two characters also. Could Standing Stone Games (SSG) just change the conditions so any old legendary item (LI) satisfy the quest? Let the players advance along the story line. The first LIs are good, but they are not phenomenal, especially if they have not been leveled to 10+. Characters would still want to level up the better weapons found in Moria. I don't think it would imbalance the game.

Any update yet on the bug?
    Is the exploit the only way to progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Elledain View Post
    Any update yet on the bug?
    Is the exploit the only way to progress?
    What exploit? I also have a stuck toon on this bug, opened a ticket three days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Selator View Post
    What exploit? I also have a stuck toon on this bug, opened a ticket three days ago
    I believe they were referring to grouping with a Guardian or Captain that is able to enter the Archives and then have them summon you inside with them. Their ability is not really intended to let you bypass doors that are closed to you hence exploit - but I'm sure nobody is going to object. The trouble is you would still have to do that every time you needed back in there.

I still have effectively all my toons locked out of there - I (apparently foolishly) like to level my MMO characters in parallel so they are all about the same level, and lucky me I have 13 right in the middle of the Moria intro chain and unable to progress. Since my only current option is to start over, I'm just not playing at all any more. But that also means customer service has no way of answering a ticket, so I just check these threads to see if anybody has a solution. Maybe one day I can play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrugghelm View Post
    I believe they were referring to grouping with a Guardian or Captain that is able to enter the Archives and then have them summon you inside with them.
    It worked! I got one of my kinsmen to summon me from inside the Archives (Can only be done with a Captain that is over level 50 and has a Summoning Horn). You do have to have 200 ancient scripts to buy the LI also. I can help you if you're in the Evernight server, send me a mail to Selator and I'll gladly help

Edited, thought you needed Motes to buy them, not Ancient Scripts, thanks for the correction
    Last edited by Selator; Dec 04 2021 at 03:02 PM.

You do have to have 200 Ancient Scripts to buy the LI also
    FTFY
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

New Support Ticket System

I had an old ticket about being stuck on Volume II, Book I: "Walls of Moria", Chapter 11: "Forged Anew". I just found out I need to create a new ticket in the new help system. The link I have is:

https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

Please check if you are still stuck on "Walls of Moria" and waiting for help. Good luck!

It worked! I got one of my kinsmen to summon me from inside the Archives (Can only be done with a Captain that is over level 50 and has a Summoning Horn). You do have to have 200 ancient scripts to buy the LI also. I can help you if you're in the Evernight server, send me a mail to Selator and I'll gladly help

Edited, thought you needed Motes to buy them, not Ancient Scripts, thanks for the correction
    Hey there! I'm stuck in the same problem for months and got informed that the "Get summoned to the archives by a captain" thing is currently the only work-around.
    What LI do i exactly have to buy there? Just any LI or the same I got earlier before the update bug? Anything else I have to check for before buying, type of LI or group of LI or whatever? Don't want to mess it up when I actually have to ask someone with a captain for help.
    Thank you a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Naxxofoxx View Post
    Hey there! I'm stuck in the same problem for months and got informed that the "Get summoned to the archives by a captain" thing is currently the only work-around.
    What LI do i exactly have to buy there? Just any LI or the same I got earlier before the update bug? Anything else I have to check for before buying, type of LI or group of LI or whatever? Don't want to mess it up when I actually have to ask someone with a captain for help.
    Thank you a lot!
    So, your questions prompted me to verify a couple of things on Bullroarer (caveat: Bullroarer isn't guaranteed to be the same as "live"):
    • Reforging a weapon type that is not available from A Weapon of the Elder Days, e.g. a dagger for Guardian, still works for Forged Anew, i.e. the quest doesn't check the weapon type. For that matter, it seems that reforging anything will satisfy the quest objective. As a Guardian, I was able to reforge a Burglar's class item, and it advanced the quest (!!!!). So, don't sweat the type of LI you're reforging; apparently anything works.
    • Despite what is implied by the quest text, you don't have to use Snar for reforging, either. Reforging at the Archive NPC also works, to advance the quest.
    • In addition to Captain summoning, rally-horn and Guardian-acorn summoning also work to get someone into the Archive of Traceries, even if they don't have the Seeker of Deep Places title yet
    Last edited by egarthur; Jan 21 2022 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by egarthur View Post
    So, your questions prompted me to verify a couple of things on Bullroarer (caveat: Bullroarer isn't guaranteed to be the same as "live"):
    • Reforging a weapon type that is not available from A Weapon of the Elder Days, e.g. a dagger for Guardian, still works for Forged Anew, i.e. the quest doesn't check the weapon type. For that matter, it seems that reforging anything will satisfy the quest objective. As a Guardian, I was able to reforge a Burglar's class item, and it advanced the quest (!!!!). So, don't sweat the type of LI you're reforging; apparently anything works.
    • Despite what is implied by the quest text, you don't have to use Snar for reforging, either. Reforging at the Archive NPC also works, to advance the quest.
    • In addition to Captain summoning, rally-horn and Guardian-acorn summoning also work to get someone into the Archive of Traceries, even if they don't have the Seeker of Deep Places title yet
    This actually worked for me and my friend as we tried the work-around today. Thank you a lot! Someone friendly in the world chat summoned us to the archives where we bought a LI from the NPC for 200 ancient script. The same NPC was able to directly identify and forge the LI and instantly the quest moved on.
    I hope everyone stuck in Walls of Moria/Forged anew can use this advice to finally progress.

Unhappy Purchased LI From LOTRO Store Will Not Advance Quest

I opened a ticket back in October under the old system. That went away and I opened a ticket in the new system two months ago. A few days ago I received a response. SSG told me the the enhancements in the past few months should have fixed my issue. If not, I should open a new ticket. Then they closed my ticket.

Well I still had the issue on two human characters. So I opened a new ticket. No response to the newest ticket yet.

While waiting for said reponse, I purchased a LI off the LOTRO store. I equipped the new LI, but I still can not get it reforged and advance the Walls of Moria story line. It looks like you still need to save up 200 ancient script and be summoned into the archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigos View Post
    I opened a ticket back in October under the old system. That went away and I opened a ticket in the new system two months ago. A few days ago I received a response. SSG told me the the enhancements in the past few months should have fixed my issue. If not, I should open a new ticket. Then they closed my ticket.

Well I still had the issue on two human characters. So I opened a new ticket. No response to the newest ticket yet.

While waiting for said reponse, I purchased a LI off the LOTRO store. I equipped the new LI, but I still can not get it reforged and advance the Walls of Moria story line. It looks like you still need to save up 200 ancient script and be summoned into the archive.
    If I remember correctly you can have your old useless LI deconstructed into ancient scripts via the LI menu.

Got the same answer by customer support about patches that might have fixed the bug. Since it was an automated response it did not concern the LI-bug. So the customer support is only holding out on the problem instead of offering a solution announced in the update notes back in October. After they closed my third ticket on the issue I had enough and fixed the issue on my own.

Unhappy Still stuck

If I remember correctly you can have your old useless LI deconstructed into ancient scripts via the LI menu.

Got the same answer by customer support about patches that might have fixed the bug. Since it was an automated response it did not concern the LI-bug. So the customer support is only holding out on the problem instead of offering a solution announced in the update notes back in October. After they closed my third ticket on the issue I had enough and fixed the issue on my own.
    Thee tickets closed? Ouch. My sympathies.

I stupidly spent my ancient script upgrading the bow for my hunter. Under the old system, a lot of level 53 and 54 ancient weapons were dropping. So my thinking was "I'll upgrade my bow and then use it and my hunter to collect more ancient script for my other characters." Little did I understand how hard it would be to collect ancient script.

I have read about other players not wanting to break the End User License Agreement (EULA). I guess a player is not supposed to summon another player where player 2 is not supposed to be. The GMs have been ignoring the summoning to the Archive because it is the only solution for non-dwarves, non-hobbits. So I understand my guild mates not wanting to summon my characters and not chance breaking the EULA. Still leave me in a predicament.

Snar will not reforge my LI purchased from the store, so that does not work. SSG closed my old tickets and told me to open a new one, which I did. This is getting very old. I don't want to cheat. I just want my characters quests fixed. I'm sure other people are in the same position.

Thumbs up Reforging Items To Unlock Forged Anew

I found out the Legendary Item I purchased from the store will reforge according to the reforge table on Lotro-Wiki: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items. So if you purchase your LI from level 45 to level 55, when your character reaches 56, you can reforge the items at a forge master and continue the quest.

I also read somewhere here on the forums if you have a character already in Moria, If you have 200 ancient script, you can purchase an LI. I don't know if the time will automatically advance the quest, or if you have to level up and reforge it. I have not tried this out. If someone could let us know, I'm sure we would appreciate it.

Vastin also points out some could summon you into the archives with a captain trait or a horn of summoning. You would still need 200 ancient script to purchase your LI. I don't think players are supposed to summon other players into areas they can't go yet. But with the problems with people getting stuck because of the conversion, the Game Masters have been ignoring this infraction if it is to help a player unlock "Forged Anew". Correct me if I am wrong. Good luck unlocking Moria!

Quote Originally Posted by Craigos View Post
    Thee tickets closed? Ouch. My sympathies.

I stupidly spent my ancient script upgrading the bow for my hunter. Under the old system, a lot of level 53 and 54 ancient weapons were dropping. So my thinking was "I'll upgrade my bow and then use it and my hunter to collect more ancient script for my other characters." Little did I understand how hard it would be to collect ancient script.

I have read about other players not wanting to break the End User License Agreement (EULA). I guess a player is not supposed to summon another player where player 2 is not supposed to be. The GMs have been ignoring the summoning to the Archive because it is the only solution for non-dwarves, non-hobbits. So I understand my guild mates not wanting to summon my characters and not chance breaking the EULA. Still leave me in a predicament.

Snar will not reforge my LI purchased from the store, so that does not work. SSG closed my old tickets and told me to open a new one, which I did. This is getting very old. I don't want to cheat. I just want my characters quests fixed. I'm sure other people are in the same position.
    Craigos, on the January 28th +Cord of the Rings, I asked the specific question in Twitch chat, whether players should use an "in-game workaround", to get around this bug, as opposed to waiting for CS to intervene. Cord answered that the in-game workaround was fine. I think that could be considered "blessed" by SSG, albeit not in a legally-binding kind of way.

There's really only one person in the forums, that I'm aware of, who's throwing the notion of EULA violation around. Irresponsible talk, as far as I'm concerned, and the new Daybreak ToS supercedes the old LOTRO ToS/CoC anyway, I think, and says nothing about "unintended features" in its section on Cheating. As for "gaining an advantage", how is it an "advantage" to get the LI that one should have gotten from the quest line anyway, if not bugged, and be 200 Ancient Script poorer in the process? That's hardly the sort of "advantage" that lures potential cheaters.

book11 Chapter 9: Seeds of Treachery

Anyone else not able to advance this string of quest?

6 Chestnut Road(Home) - 8 Long Street (Kin)- Herbroke, Bree - Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by puggs741 View Post
    Anyone else not able to advance this string of quest?
    Yep - me.

Thank you a lot!

So...now how does one get into Moria after getting LIs this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumfigger View Post
    So...now how does one get into Moria after getting LIs this way?
    Based on help from a fellow on Landroval I was able to get to Moria via the rear (east) entrance near Mekhem-Bizru by using a couple of Mithril coins for travel and from there made my way to Durin's Threshold. Of course there are no epic quests available since that chain gets broken if you did not reforge your first (old) Legendary weapon. Use the milestone at Mekhem-Bizru just in case you don't survive the trip (need your own goat) from First Hall to 21st Hall to Crossroads to Dolven View to Durin's Threshold.

There is also a quest at Durin's Threshold to plant something at banner outside the west entrance, so change your milestone there if you want to get back in.

Note: at some unknown point after being summoned to the LI Hall at the Last Homely House, and after acquiring the new LI's, the epic quest chain did progress to Chapter 11, Forged Anew - Talk to Dithalion (by the Rivendell Forges) or Wafi at Thorin's Hall. after which you can talk to Rathwald by the Echad Dunann entrance towards Moria.

Note also that after speaking with Rathwald you are immediately taken to the end fight - against the Watcher's tentacles (no more stopping Dwarves from throwing stones in the water, no more delivering Dwarf lunches, no more pre-Moria entrance quests). When that is done, after talking to Rathwald again you are taken directly to the Moria entrance gate.
    Last edited by Rumfigger; Mar 19 2022 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumfigger View Post
    Based on help from a fellow on Landroval I was able to get to Moria via the rear (east) entrance near Mekhem-Bizru by using a couple of Mithril coins for travel and from there made my way to Durin's Threshold. Of course there are no epic quests available since that chain gets broken if you did not reforge your first (old) Legendary weapon. Use the milestone at Mekhem-Bizru just in case you don't survive the trip (need your own goat) from First Hall to 21st Hall to Crossroads to Dolven View to Durin's Threshold.

There is also a quest at Durin's Threshold to plant something at banner outside the west entrance, so change your milestone there if you want to get back in.

Note: at some unknown point after being summoned to the LI Hall at the Last Homely House, and after acquiring the new LI's, the epic quest chain did progress to Chapter 11, Forged Anew - Talk to Dithalion (by the Rivendell Forges) or Wafi at Thorin's Hall. after which you can talk to Rathwald by the Echad Dunann entrance towards Moria.

Note also that after speaking with Rathwald you are immediately taken to the end fight - against the Watcher's tentacles (no more stopping Dwarves from throwing stones in the water, no more delivering Dwarf lunches, no more pre-Moria entrance quests). When that is done, after talking to Rathwald again you are taken directly to the Moria entrance gate.
    Interesting. I've done extensive testing of the Walls of Moria quest line, in light of the new LI changes, but it never occurred to me to try entering Moria from the other side. The fact that one cannot enter Moria from the west side, or be summoned there, in the absence of the Seeker of Deep Places characteristic, but one can enter from the other side, I think puts the nail in the coffin in the argument that it's an "exploit" to enter an area just because one or more ingress methods require a particular characteristic. So, if it's not an exploit to enter Moria from the east side, presumably it's not an exploit to get summoned into the Archive of Traceries, either, if the game allows it, with no fuss, warnings or special contortions required -- which it does.

All of this is academic anyway, since Cord already said that "in-game workarounds" were OK as a way to get around this bug, as opposed to requiring CS intervention.

I am a little confused by the sequencing of the quests in your description. Forged Anew is Chapter 11; that's after all of the lunch-delivering, dwarf-scolding, wolf/warg corpse-clicking, etc. so I don't think your post should be interpreted as a way to accelerate the questline. It just means you didn't have to redo quests you'd already done.

There are some things that players -- and perhaps devs -- should know about the not-entirely-smooth transition of the Walls of Moria quest line to the new LI system:
    • While mentioned in the text, Wafi does not functionally participate in the quest line in any way. IMO he should be allowed to retire gracefully, instead of being beleaguered by confused adventurers wafting in from Eregion.
    • There are also leftover references to LIs levelling from mob kills. It doesn't work that way any more.
    • Dithalion congratulates the player for good placement of a tracery in their LI, regardless of whether they placed a tracery in their LI or not.
    • In the old version of the quest line, there was a safeguard against premature reforging of the newly-acquired LI, before Chapter 11 (Forged Anew). If reforged too early, the player will most likely have difficulty completing the "reforge your LI" quest objective of Forged Anew, and have to resort to either
      • some combination of acquiring Ancient Script, barter and/or getting summoned into the Archive
      • waiting until the next reforge-opportunity level (most likely that will be level 56), or
      • intervention from Customer Service.
    • Now that safeguard is largely gone, since the Seeker of Deep Places prereq has apparently been removed for all forge-masters, with the services of Rosar (forge-master in Thorin's Hall) and Snar (Forges of Rivendell) being closely controlled by whether the player has the Walls of Moria quest line underway, and their exact progress along that questline. In other words, any in-person forge-master in Middle Earth, can be used to complete the objective of Forged Anew. (I say "in-person" since the disembodied forge-master of Town Services is not present in the version of the Town Services one acquires before possessing the Seeker of Deep Places characteristic.)
    • I would humbly suggest that the previous Seeker of Deep Places prereq be restored, unless there's a good reason for it to have been removed, and Rosar shouldn't be special-cased, since there's little reason for a player to travel all the way to Thorin's Hall for Forged Anew, given that Snar stands a few feet away from Dithalion, the NPC who gives the reforge objective itself, and the objective following it. The availability and unavailability of Snar's forge-master services can stay as they are now, to provide protection against premature reforging.
    • The special-casing of relic-master services at Forges of Rivendell and Thorin's Hall seems unnecessary, since presumably the main danger it was meant to prevent, in the old system, was accidental deconstruction of the LI needed for the quest line. That danger is gone.

P.S. Did the devs of the original Walls of Moria quest line truly not understand that wargs are not wolves, and vice versa? Or are they implying that dwarves are too stupid to know the difference?