Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 17 sur 17

Discussion: LOTRO won't launch

LOTRO won't launch

I am a VIP who has played this game for 10 years and now suddenly the game won't launch!

I am running Windows 10 and have never had problems launching the game before.

What's going on??? How do I fix this???

Jan Jarrell

I'm having the exact same issue. The launcher comes up, I sign in and select my server, but the client never launches.

I just updated to a new version of Windows 10. Perhaps that is the problem.

Found the solution.

Go into Documents > Lord of the Rings Online and delete the file "UserPreferences.config".

Testing above tonigth. I have had to launch the game as admin since patch 20.0 (which generates two log on screens for lotro), and latest patch have made the loading splash screen ultra slow.
    If you build a man a fire, he is warm for a day. If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Citation Envoyé par Tombpyre Voir le message
    Testing above tonigth. I have had to launch the game as admin since patch 20.0 (which generates two log on screens for lotro), and latest patch have made the loading splash screen ultra slow.
    not working for me....
    Get Window "Failed to launch client" > Failed to read authentication response

Citation Envoyé par bushkanaka86 Voir le message
    Found the solution.

Go into Documents > Lord of the Rings Online and delete the file "UserPreferences.config".
    Thanks to you, my girlfriend who had the exact same problem since windows 10 update can play again tonight ! Hurray ! ;-)
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you"

Citation Envoyé par bushkanaka86 Voir le message
    Found the solution.

Thank you for sharing, but it is not working for me. Like before, LotRO is unresponsive. Not even the launcher window comes up.

Citation Envoyé par Erennor Voir le message
    Thank you for sharing, but it is not working for me. Like before, LotRO is unresponsive. Not even the launcher window comes up.

This is the issue I am having. Have not played since the latest hot fix for the Aria of Valar. I did update the client after the hotfix, but was unable to play that day due to something unexpected. When I try to launch the client now - nothing happens - it does not even seem to try to open for me to enter username/password and pick a server, no error is given. Deleting "UserPreferences.config" did not fix my issue. My machine currently uses Windows 10 and I had no issues before the aria hotfix.

Did you ever find a fix Erennor, or do I need to uninstall/reinstall the game?

I did not. I tried a few things suggested here on the forums and the solution that was included in the official thread, but none of that worked for me.

I have not uninstalled LotRO, but I am now downloading it again. It seems that there is an option to, (instead of downloading everything from the beginning again) update and repair what you previously had. So far it seems to be working. I will see when it finishes.

Citation Envoyé par Tombpyre Voir le message
    Theres one thing that can speed up the launcher load.

Open your game icons properties.
    After the path in "target", add -nosplash -skiprawdownload. do not add them inside the " ", but after.

this does not display the first splash-screen and it skips downloading the quite numerous splash-screens too.

I'm suddenly having this issue. Played 4 hours yesterday. Windows did a normal patch today and boom, nothing comes up when I try to initiate the program from either the turbine launcher or any shortcut. I've tried running as the ADMIN. I've also deleted the CONFIG file from the document folder. Nothing.

Has anyone found a solution? It won't even initiate the launcher. I've rebooted of course.

I HATE Windows for #### like this.

Anyone?

SSG?

Belated reply, but if you cannot launch LotRO still, what worked for me was to start the process of reinstalling, but at one point it gave me an option of whether I wanted to reinstall or repair/update. I chose the latter, and LotRO now works again. The process was not long (a full installation would take hours upon hours, whereas with the repair/update option, it took maybe one hour only).

Citation Envoyé par Rakshilady Voir le message
    I am a VIP who has played this game for 10 years and now suddenly the game won't launch!

I am running Windows 10 and have never had problems launching the game before.

What's going on??? How do I fix this???

Jan Jarrell

Simple for me, just reinstall direct X with the latest and play. it worked for me

I would appreciate help!

I've been playing for years and can load and run LOTRO on my 8 year old computer.
    However I just bought a new computer and although the LOTRO download seemed fine, I have a problem (even though when I switch computers I'm using the same Internet connection.)

I can reach the login screen, type in my username and password and choose my server.
    However after the message 'getting in line to connect', the screen clears and nothing happens.

If it helps, I'm running Windows 10 Home on a Dell G3 17 machine.
    The processor is an Intel Core i5-8300H with 8.0 GB RAM and a 64 bit operating system.
    I have DirectX 12.

Let me know if you need more details...
    Dernière modification par tinuelwing ; 24/04/2019 à 19h32.

This thread will tell you everything you need to know

[INSTALL] New LotRO Installs - One Guide to Rule Them All. . .

Citation Envoyé par sfacie Voir le message
    Belated reply, but if you cannot launch LotRO still, what worked for me was to start the process of reinstalling, but at one point it gave me an option of whether I wanted to reinstall or repair/update. I chose the latter, and LotRO now works again. The process was not long (a full installation would take hours upon hours, whereas with the repair/update option, it took maybe one hour only).
    How did you install it again? I can't seem to do it on Steam since I've already downloaded it, and downloading it from this website only brings me a privacy error. What should I do?

well same isshue

im on a mac and i click lotroclient and it goes to that small box and the last thing it says is module something or other is not required skipping it loads and turns off but the game does no open

Règles de messages