Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 10

How to add images to posts?

How do you put an image in a post? I've seen people do it, but I can't cut and paste and don't see an attachment option on the edit form.

Erionor est déconnecté Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    Citation Envoyé par groucho42 Voir le message
    How do you put an image in a post? I've seen people do it, but I can't cut and paste and don't see an attachment option on the edit form.
    You can’t upload an image from your computer, it needs to be hosted on the web elsewhere. For example, you can link an image on Facebook or a screenshot from Steam.

To do this, click on the little icon of a tree above in the editing controls. You’ll get a pop up. Enter the URL of the image into the box, either by typing, or copy/pasting from your address bar, or right clicking the image and selecting “copy” and then pasting, and click OK. It will display in your forum post like this:

“[IMG]URL[/IMG]“

You can also just type it (minus the quotation marks).

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Citation Envoyé par TheArtilleryman Voir le message
    You can’t upload an image from your computer, it needs to be hosted on the web elsewhere. For example, you can link an image on Facebook or a screenshot from Steam.

To do this, click on the little icon of a tree above in the editing controls. You’ll get a pop up. Enter the URL of the image into the box, either by typing, or copy/pasting from your address bar, or right clicking the image and selecting “copy” and then pasting, and click OK. It will display in your forum post like this:

“[IMG]URL[/IMG]“

You can also just type it (minus the quotation marks).
    I don't have FB or Steam, for different reasons. They need to add uploads, but I doubt they ever will. Thanks for the info.

Also, I don't see the tree when I'm editing this. Nothing "above" and only "Post Icons" for labeling, below.

Erionor est déconnecté Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    I don't have FB or Steam, for different reasons. They need to add uploads, but I doubt they ever will. Thanks for the info.

Also, I don't see the tree when I'm editing this. Nothing "above" and only "Post Icons" for labeling, below.
    Are you editing from a mobile? I always use the desktop site, even from my phone. That might be why you don’t see all the controls. If you’re on PC, I’ve no idea. It should look like this:

If you just type “[IMG]URL[/IMG]“ then it’ll work the same.

I don’t have Facebook either, or any social media sites. I just use Steam and this forum. Some people use Imgur, Instagram, whatever. The way I got round it was by making a free Wordpress site to upload my pictures to, and then when I want to post a picture here, I link it from there:

https://lotrostuff.home.blog/page/1/
    Dernière modification par TheArtilleryman ; 05/06/2020 à 19h32.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Ah! Yes. I was wondering about the "tree" as well. I was just using the Basic editor and assume groucho42 is doing the same. I just changed the settings here https://www.lotro.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions to use the Enhanced Interface for Message Editor Interface and now I see the tree and stuff.

I think I will keep this. Much nicer.

Citation Envoyé par TheArtilleryman Voir le message
    Are you editing from a mobile? I always use the desktop site, even from my phone. That might be why you don’t see all the controls. If you’re on PC, I’ve no idea. It should look like this:

If you just type “[IMG]URL[/IMG]“ then it’ll work the same.

I don’t have Facebook either, or any social media sites. I just use Steam and this forum. Some people use Imgur, Instagram, whatever. The way I got round it was by making a free Wordpress site to upload my pictures to, and then when I want to post a picture here, I link it from there:

https://lotrostuff.home.blog/page/1/
    Nope, always W10 desktop with Firefox. I don't have that edit bar, I have nothing like those three lines of icons. Nada.

Nope, always W10 desktop with Firefox. I don't have that edit bar, I have nothing like those three lines of icons. Nada.
    Then I'm guessing you need to do the following from the post directly above yours as I'm running W10 and in Firefox and I have it:

Citation Envoyé par Altair6 Voir le message
    Ah! Yes. I was wondering about the "tree" as well. I was just using the Basic editor and assume groucho42 is doing the same. I just changed the settings here https://www.lotro.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions to use the Enhanced Interface for Message Editor Interface and now I see the tree and stuff.

I think I will keep this. Much nicer.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Citation Envoyé par Rainith Voir le message
    Then I'm guessing you need to do the following from the post directly above yours as I'm running W10 and in Firefox and I have it:
    ADD, skimmed right over that. I see it now. Thanks for the patience.

Lightbulb

I use twitter to receive SSG official announcements when this forums website is down. Twitter also let you upload & save images. That is convenient to use the link of image here.

TheArtilleryman, thanks for information.

Règles de messages